Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Pleasing and informative new AMD Forum format - Opinion only

@qbtheslayer

All those images (photos) I uploaded in the past were specifically for the threads I was replying too. So I had no use for 95% of those old images.  Plus many were probably repeats.

I am one of the few Users here at AMD Forums that uploads many images when replying to other Users.  So it is important for me to be able to upload images.

Every image you upload counts towards your maximum of 1000 images. Then you need to delete images to get below 1000 to be able to upload again.

EDIT: I believe why AMD made a maximum of 1000 images is due to HDD/SSD space.  1000 images takes up a huge amount of space on a hard drive in my opinion.  Instead AMD shouldn't save every image uploaded to the User's Profile.  I mean why would I take several minutes or longer trying to find a previous image that I uploaded in my Album from an Album with up to 1000 images to upload again. It is simpler to just copy and paste from the URL to the thread .

Highlighted

Re: Deleted Images

@elstaci Yeah go back and look at the "help" you gave with Images involved...  those are now useless to future readers of those threads.  I know why you did it, and why there is a limit...  I was just pointing out that those posts are now almost useless for anyone needing help in the future...

QB

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Deleted Images

@qbtheslayer 

I see your point but are you sure that when I delete the images or photos from my Album it will also delete the image from the Thread?

If that is true then you have a very good point. I am just assuming that the photos deleted in my personal profile won't be deleted in the actual threads where I uploaded them.

EDIT: You are correct it did delete the images from the previous threads where I uploaded the images. Luckily I always put a link to where I copied the images from in the threads.

Unfortunately I didn't have a choice. I needed to delete the images so that I will be able to help current Users.  But you are right it stinks that all the images that I deleted in my personal Photo Album also deleted the images from all my previous threads.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is does Khoros  put a User's Reply to be reviewed by a Moderator? 

If that feature was deleted or replaced with a less restrictive filter than that is a positive for this new AMD Forum format.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Don't forget to add:

Old/read notifications are not deleted/hidden like in the old forums.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

@black_zion  added to the reply with the lists of negative concerning this new AMD Format.

Hopefully Sam from AMD can let us know which negatives in the list can be added back to the new AMD Format and if not hopefully he will give an explanation as to why.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'd suggest you hold of deleting old images. The new platform is parameter driven, so I'm sure changing the limit is simply editing a value.

I have a follow up call with the implementation team this morning where I will raise this issue.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning everyone, 

About the 1000 max limit - Please give me a few. I will look into this with the rest of my team and get back to you; I want to make sure we will be able to address this feature (and its setting) for everyone (both new and senior members of our community).

Thank you in advance for your patience and your feedback.

Sam T.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Pokester, Everyone, 

To access the FAQ, click on "Help" which is found in the upper right corner, next to your avatar icon. It's also listed in the pull-down menu of your user profile. 

Here is the link: https://community.amd.com/t5/help/faqpage 

Sam T.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi - I just replied about this feature (the 1000 images limit). We are going to look into this setting and will get back to you shortly. 

Sam T.