cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Pleasing and informative new AMD Forum format - Opinion only

Also I wish they would show who the post is directed to...hard to see who is answering what

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, it does seem to be the case. I was able to upload a image only after deleting all my images in both of my Photo Albums - Hidden and Public.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I also notice it doesn't show the date of the original post which is important to me because if a post is 2 months or older I generally don't reply to those threads since it I consider it to be stale in nature.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

You can reduce it by going to "My Profile" then scroll down to 'My Photos" and click on "View All". Then on the upper left corner where the 3 dots are located click on that and then Click on "Batch something". Then click on " Check All" then click on "Delete All" and click on "Confirm".  Once you do that you can delete only one page of your photo album at a time. 

I was like you with 1000 Maximum images from the get go. I had 84 pages of images to delete. So I opened 6 AMD Tabs and started deleting 6 photo album pages at a time . Took almost two hours..

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Sigh...I think I will wait for a update. It's been the same way everytime they change. Let the dust settle. There should be a place to report the issues directly to amd...a post like this could go on forever. And 'Cudos' really sucks/old school. Whats wrong with 'Like'?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

LoL, The new AMD Format is very much improved from the old AMD Format. The problem is most long time AMD Users here at the Forum are used to certain features. So when they are missing it causes aggravation. While the new or first time AMD Users wouldn't know about the missing features and probably think the new format is the greatest.

The point I am trying to make is that the Old Timers find it difficult to accept new changes until they get used to it.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Not meaning to be negative but I don't get the improvement. It isn't much different looking.  It's a forum and this is lacking in many ways to the old one. Hope it gets better quickly. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Not being funny, I do not like the term "Big Boss".
Can you at least remove it from your own description?
Thank you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

@pokester,

The improvement is the layout which is visually more pleasing and simpler to use and more informative than the old format. Plus they got rid of JIVE and replaced it with Khoros.

But the negatives are:

1) Maximum amount of images uploaded is 1000. Then you need to go through the tedious and time consuming operation of deleting the past images in your "saved Album" to get back under 1000 images to be able to upload again.

1A) When you delete images from your Personal Profile Photo Album it also DELETES it from the previous threads where you first upload them. So now you would need to add a link to the source of where you copied the image. In case you delete the image in the future from your Photo Album.

2) Unable to delete your replies which is a feature I tend to use quite often at times.

3) Deleted comment about thread not dated. It does show the dates of the threads. My mistake. 

4) You can't reply directly to another User's reply unless you state the User's name in your reply.

5) You can't change a Question to Discussion when you first open a thread.

6) Previous Bookmarks were deleted from previous AMD Format.

7) You can't use a Hot Key to paste any images you need to click on the Photo icon to upload an image.

8) No FAQ to advice new Users of AMD Forum's rules and Regulations

9) Unable to delete all contents on your Photo Album with one click.

10) Some Users don't like the word "Kudos" for replacing "Like" and description of "Big Boss" for those Users with many posts and Kudos.

11) Old/read notifications are not deleted/hidden like in the old forums.

That is everything so far noted in this thread from other Users including myself.

Highlighted

Re: Deleted Images

So you just deleted all your photos...  all that help you gave with pics is now junk?  I would have waited until the photo limit is upped...  I am sure there will be lots of confused and disappointed people who google and search for answers that are now no longer there  Smiley Sad

QB