cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Pleasing and informative new AMD Forum format - Opinion only

First time I logged on to the new AMD Forum format. Needed to change my old Password which wasn't any good any more.

Seems like AMD got rid of JIVE and replaced it with Khoros. Hopefully Khoros will be less annoying than JIVE.

The look is rather pleasing and colorful with a lot of information in each page. 

Rather perplexed by the rating system of KUDOs.  Seems like the old Point system ranking has been replaced by KUDOs ranking.

One thing I noticed you now can delete your Private Messages or mark them as Read which is a nice feature from the old AMD format which it didn't have.

The Thread view is more informative but in a simpler format. Now it shows how many Users have opened each thread and whether it is solved.

I also like that now you have a drop down menu to go to another AMD Forum unlike the old AMD format.

At the top you have your In-Box and PM with separate Icons now instead of everything being in the In-box like the old AMD Format which is a nice feature.

Haven't done anything else but just noting my first impressions of the new AMD Format.  Later on if I see anything that is annoying or hinders the User's experience at AMD Forum I will make a note of it and mention it.

But KUDOs to Sam and all the other AMD employees involved in making this new Format for all Users a better experience.

96 Replies