cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

cheesecake
Adept I

PC Will NOT Boot When XMP is Enabled

I have a Razer B550 paired with 2x16gb Trident Z Royal 3600 ram. It was working fine for a few weeks but suddenly I had issues where the pc was non responsive every morning. I tried a fresh Windows reinstall and now when I try to set the ram to 3600 xmp, the pc will not boot and shows the code "C0". I have already tried reseating the ram and the bios was already updated to the most current.

It seems like the pc will only run when the ram is set to auto. I am lost and don't know what to do now. Is the ram faulty? Or is it the motherboard? I don't know and any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
9 Replies

Does the motherboard have a built in CPU?

What is the exact RAM Part number you have installed?

On the Motherboard's QVL list for RAM Memory for whatever CPU you have installed will generally let you know if you can overclock (XMP) the RAM or not.

I did go to both Matisse and Renoir QVL List for RAM for G-Skill 16GB RAM and all says it can overclock.

Try using just One RAM Stick and see if XMP works or not. Try each one individually.

Also run Windows Memory Tester or better yet MEMTEST86 to see if one of the RAM sticks is defective.

Also make sure the CPU is properly seated in the Motherboard Socket and the CPU Cooler fan is running normally.

0 Likes

This is the motherboard https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550%20Taichi%20Razer%20Edition/index.html it is updated to the most current bios as well.

The ram # is F4-3600C16D-32GTRSC and cpu is 5600x

Previously it was running fine with xmp enabled.

I did try memtest86 and found no errors

0 Likes

These are all the G-Skill RAM that ASRock says is compatible with your motherboard with a Vermeer Processor (5600X): https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550%20Taichi%20Razer%20Edition/Specification.asp#MemoryVM

Screenshot 2021-03-14 081041.png

But if you said your current RAM worked fine and was properly recognized in BIOS and worked with XMP enabled than it probably is either a Motherboard or CPU issue.

Try doing a CMOS CLEAR to reset the BIOS back to factory standards and then try to use XMP to overclock the RAM.

I know that G-Skill Trident-Z are made for Ryzen processors. I have the same RAM as you do but different part numbers for a different motherboard and 3700X processor.

I would first open a ASRock Support ticket and ask them what would prevent a motherboard from running XMP if it worked before. See what they believe the problem could be.

Also open a AMD Service Request - Warranty and ask them the same question: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes

I've tried the CMOS clear as well and ran into the same problem. 

Ok, I'll contact both AMD and asrock and will try and find out the issue.

0 Likes

One small question, do you have the sticks populated on the 2nd and 4th place counting from the CPU?

The Englishman

Yes, they are on the 2nd and 4th slots.

0 Likes

Sorry mate you could really have a hardware problem.

Try one stick like elstaci said or dial it back to 3200Mhz. Loosen up some timings maybe.

The Englishman

Update: I think its the cpu.

I tested each ram individually and neither would work. I then took my brothers ram, model # F4-3600C18D-32GTZN and his ram did not work. 

I tried my ram on his pc which is running a 5600x and the Razer B550 as well and both my ram and his ram worked running xmp enabled.

Same board as your brother?

Well at least you can swap the CPU and troubleshoot it, a bit more work involved than 2 sticks of ram but...

Have you checked BIOS version from yours and your brothers? If they are the same I mean.

The Englishman
0 Likes