Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

PC problems after buying RX470

Hello

I bought new AMD RX470 MSI Gaming X 4GB and few days ago new power supply.

After buying the new power supply i started to have problems. I was watching

Youtube, checked Speedfan saw that my GPU temp is 55 C so i wanted to turn on

the MSI Gaming app to turn Zerofrozr off. When i clicked the app i had some lines

with pink and green color on my screen and then i got BSOD. Took the GPU out of

my PC and put it back in. Started PC, everything was fine. I saw that there is a new

driver on GPU. I downloaded the recommended version. PC needed a restart so i

restarted it and when i was signing into my PC, i had those lines again. I do not know

what to do so please help me. My specs:

AMD FX8350

AMD RX470 MSI Gaming X 4GB

Corsair RMx 750

older WD Green 500GB

12 GB RAM

ASROCK 970M PRO3

Windows 10

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: PC problems after buying RX470

You stand a much better chance of a response if you post in the correct forum > Drivers & Software

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Hello quadrom2026,

What such an amazing graphics card you got, Radeon RX 470 GAMING X 4G | MSI Global | Graphics card - The world leader in display performance ! This card could decode H265! Please pay attention that this card requires PCI-E 3.0 as the connection, but your motherboard, ASRock > 970M Pro3 , could only support PCI-E up to 2.0. You RX 470 would work in downgraded mode. Would you please update the mobo firmware, ASRock > 970M Pro3 , to the latest. And have another test!

This problems mostly occur when the software requires the device working in its most optimal mode, when compatibility problem occurs, system would halt. If possible, try it on a motherboard supporting PCI-E 3.0.

Caution: Updating firmware is very dangerous, wrong operations would damage your system permanently.

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

install the asrock update, it can find all the needed BIOS and other device drivers fast

0 Kudos