cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Romline1
Journeyman III

PC GOING IN SLEEP MODE/ BLACKSCREEN WHILE GAMING

HI, so i had this problem for a while now where  my pc will just go in a sleeping mode/ blackscreen for a bit and the shutting down if im playing games....

Back then it helped just to use MSI afterburner to lower power and memory clock.. but the problem became worse and worse overtime....

I reinstalled the windows and in a little time it came back

What ive done so far :

I replaced my Power Supply

I changed the thermal paste on my CPU and GPU

I added 8 more Ram to my pc

Upgraded my bios to lates Version F53

AFTTER ive done that everything was ok for a month or so... and now it came back in Age Of Empires 3.. and then Apex Legends... but in other games runs fine so far... like GTA, DAYZ ,ARMA 3 ... with are BIG games...  So im really confused.. I dont want to got back where every major big game is just causing a black screen everytime... because I  CAN RUN IT .. i have over 60 fps no problem..

Ow.. and the gpu i getting about 70-85 Celsius degrees with i think is a problem...

Somebody PLEASE help me!

Here are my specs:

Ryzen 5 2500x

RX 580 8 GB

GIGABYTE GA-A320M-H

DUAL CHANNEL 16 GB RAM OF 2666  ( one is XPG AND ONE IS HYPERX)

120 Gb SSD

1 TERRA HDD

DEFAULT COOLER + 3 that come with the case....

0 Likes
6 Replies

Try reinstalling your graphics driver with a factory reset and a deletion of saved precepts. This fix has always worked for me in getting rid of all black screen related issues.

You do a factory reset of your graphics driver in the beginning of the driver installation by clicking the box or more advanced options.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes

Does not work... is funny.. cause now it does it in more games but ARMA 3 runs just fine... and from what i heard , the game needs more of the CPU... menaing it could be a GPU problem...

0 Likes

Sorry, I don't know what is wrong with your system, maybe your graphics card is broken. Have you tried replacing it with another to see if the problem goes away?

Also, it seems you use two different versions of ram both using the same speed. I know from experience that overclocking different rams can cause black screen issues even if they have the same speed! So if you have overclocked your ram, disable the overclock in bios and see if this helps.

0 Likes
DanielBoluda
Adept II

Not sure whether I can help with this but I had issues getting my computer in sleep mode not able to recover back till I forced a hard reset. In my case this was fixed at BIOS level in the advanced options setting WakeUp event to OS instead of BIOS

0 Likes

There are many similar reports here on the forum.
I have had this issue since i got the 6900xt graphics card in december and only solution i found so far is to
use and older BIOS for my motherboard since all bios from nov-dec-january make the computer unstable.
Its not a heating, ram, cpu problem its a bios driver issue i think.

I can read that AMD have released some kind of fix ( maybe ) but its not avaliable for my motherboard yet and i hope it fix it.
Ells i will retur my 6900xt graphics card since i asume its broken.

( ps.. i did all kind of stresstest and in all test my computer perform perfect and is stable.. but if i use one of the new bios updates then my computer crash in any game after 15-30-60 minutes no matter what.

https://www.techpowerup.com/276833/amd-announces-agesa-1-1-9-0-firmware-updates-improve-fclk-oc-stab...

So my advice try some old bios drivers and see if that help.
maybe try to remove your graphics card and try with another one and see if the same problem happen then you can see if the computer still crash or not and maybe narrow down the problem

0 Likes
mathewHarris
Journeyman III

This is the issue with your pc board maybe your pc board has corrupted.

If you need any advice then contact me I am a hardware engineer and work as a contract-based engineer for The Pakistan News and Urdu Khabar. Thanks

0 Likes