GPU: 8gb Sapphire RX590 Nitro+ OC 256bit

PSU:Corsair 750watts PSU, HX, HX750

Casing: CM Cooler Master MasterCase H500 TG, iron gray, atx, 2x200mm 1x120mm

Keyboard and Mouse: Razer Cynosa Bundle

Headset: Steel Series Arctis 7

Other components coming from old builds are:

250GB SSD

500GB HDD

I recently installed a Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240, idle temperatures improved from 40C-50C to 30C-35C.

After the installation of the AIO Cooler, when I play games, in this case They are Billions, the screen freezes, blacks out and recovers. The timing and frequency of the freezing differs sometimes it occurs after around 15 to 20 minutes of continuous game play then occurs every 3 to 5 minutes to sometimes every minute, number of screen freezes varies from 3 to 5 in one hour to as high as 10 to 12 in one hour. System log sometimes show errors on “amdkmdap” and “display driver encountered an error and recovered” that seem to be around the time of the screen freeze.

There were no Windows and GPU drivers updates done prior to the installation of the AIO cooler, but to be sure that software issues are ruled out, I did a clean install of GPU drivers and checked Windows updates for any broken update installations.

I encountered the said freezing before with Rise of the Tomb raider and Shadow of War using the stock CPU cooler but not as frequent as this one when the AIO cooler was installed and it seems to be addressed when fixing the GPU frequency and setting the power factor to 50%. Steam overlay was also disabled.

I also installed HWMonitor Pro and logged the time the screen freeze occurs, based on the graphs, CPU and GPU utilization, power and voltage seem to drop around the same time of the screen freeze.

I am not sure if it is a power supply issue but 750W seems to be enough for me.

I will try installing again the stock cooler and see if the issue is addressed.

Anyone knows why this happens?

0 Likes
12 Replies