cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

SnaleBite
Adept I

Pc crashing

Hello im getting pretty tired of this issue thats causing my pc just randomly just disconnects from my screen and i cant use keyboard or mouse. I can only hear sound for a bit. After i shut my pc down and boot it up again my graphics card is showing as "Microsoft Basic Display driver" and i need to reinstall the whole amd drivers again before it works and does it a month or two afterwards again. I can also see that when my screen disconnects my gpu light is blinking red in 2 seconds or so. Is it broke? because i have bought a new CPU and it didnt work and tried every solution i have found on the internet didnt help. I really hope i can get this fixed because im starting to worry about if i should go over to Nvidia instead. btw the graphicscard was bought for 1,5 years ago so it is pretty new. 

PS: i have a webcam plugged in could this be the reason because my friends webcam causes ihis pc to freeze if its plugged in?

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

GPU: AMD RX 6600 XFX

Motherboard: Asrock B450 Steel legend

PSU: 750W

10 Replies
Bungus
Journeyman III

I have the same exact issue. Honestly just switching to nvidia at this point is the best option especially if you are running multiple monitors. 

0 Likes

Never tried NVIDIA but a lot of my friends have it but I also just want to keep AMD bc when it works it works and my old AMD 570 never failed but if I have too I’m going to switch just hope I don’t need to

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Is your motherboard's BIOS up to date?

Do you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com?

What make/model 750wtt power supply? Have you tried a different power supply?

Have you tried running the program called "DDU" to remove all past/ present video drivers .. reboot .. and THEN install latest GPU drivers from AMD.com..?

Is your Windows install up to date?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

My bios is up to date. I havnet installer the latest chipset for my cpu yet since it didnt help with my other. My PSU are an Inter-Tech cant remember exactly what kind but it works on my little brothers pc. I have never been running DDU but I will try it soon as possible and see if it works. The problem is just that it only does this every 2-3rd mont or so.

I also saw that when my gpu was listed as Microsoft basic display driver it’s vram ran at 1600mhz on idle if I tried to open a game it would lag.

0 Likes
SnaleBite
Adept I

Update: It  happened again today and i have tried all of the fixes above none of them worked i maybe think that its a black screen of death but im not sure, i dont think that its my graphicscard since it worked propperly yeaster day and after i reinstalled the graphics driver bc they didnt work after the black screen were i could not do anything or hear anything. I might think that it could be my PSU that is failing should i take the risk and buy a new one?

i can also see in event viewer that i have gotten a Event id named 41

SnaleBite_0-1685041061491.png

0 Likes
xxrune
Adept III

I think the only thing you can do is send a bug report through the bug report tool or through this link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form to let them know that it's not just a few people having black screen issues or other issues after recent driver updates.

BTW, I crash on all games with my PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX Red Devil.

0 Likes
Killjoy_666
Adept I

That is Microsoft's fault.
They are pushing their versions of gpu drivers through windows update.
It happens to me also.

Yeah, I definitely think Microsoft could have something to do with this, especially because of their new deal with Nvidia.

https://news.microsoft.com/2023/02/21/microsoft-and-nvidia-announce-expansive-new-gaming-deal/

0 Likes

Hi,

I'vie got pretty the same issue with mi 6900XT.

I got the error : overtime delay, on every game or bench.

Tried DDU, roll back drivers, new drivers, fresh w11 install, bios update....

I set my Min Frequency to 5% and Power Limit to 50 and haven't had another Crash yet it usually happens when I'm Playing a Game like Assasins Creed Odyssey and Watching a YouTube Video and I do Believe it's a Windows Issue because when I restart my PC the Windows Driver Replaces my AMD Driver and I have to go to Device Manager Uninstall my GPU in there and then Scan for Hardware changes just to get it to use my AMD Driver again

0 Likes