Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

dooetsch
Newcomer

NVMe isn't recognized after Bluescreen

Hey Guys,

I'm coming here, because I gave up searching the web for a solution.

So, by the end of last year I built a new Pc: Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1080 SuperJetstream, Asus B350f Strix, Corsair MP500 and 8GB of Ballistix Sport LT DDR4.

I'm on the newest Bios and run, or at least try to run, Windows 10 64bit.

The first month it worked like a charm. Then some kind of WindowsUpdate came up and the trouble started.

I got random Bluescreen's while using the PC with "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" and "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" following by the SSD not being recognized by the Mainboard.

After wiping everything, installing Windows and last stable drivers it will eventually work again for some days and everything starts again.

Some days ago, it suddenly showed a new Bluescreen on startup with "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" and it sends me straight to Bios. It once managed to boot into Troubleshoot, but sfc /scannow didn't show anything. And now I'm getting this Bluescreen on every startup and feel like my SSD is finally f*cked...

Would be great if you're able to help me, would save me since I'm a student (English isn't my first language btw.), because it's kind of hard to save the money for a new SSD

(Hope that's the right Board)

0 Likes
3 Replies

Their are a few things I would do right off the bat.

1. Make sure you have the latest motherboard bios.

2. Make sure you have the latest firmware for your NVME m.2 drive.

3. Disable Windows Update from installing drivers.

4. Install the latest AMD chipset drivers.

------------

After that it's hard to say. Lots of good help here though.

Good Luck!

0 Likes

Thought of that as well, but

1 - Actually the latest bios is installed.

2 - I don't think it needs a driver, since Windows 10 should be designed to be able to handle them natively, and i cant find one...

3 - Already disabled, but by re-installing Windows it sadly will get the newest Update.

4 - Latest Chipset Driver is also installed.

Still, thank you

0 Likes

2. Firmware is not a driver, it is firmware and gets installed to the drive like a bios does to a mother board. You cards maker will have a utility for this.

3. This is where you will want to have the latest driver on hand, disconnect from the internet when installing and Windows Update can't screw you up.

0 Likes