cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ajlueke
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: nVidia RTX 2060 has Vega 64 performance for $350; Sapphire tips AMD's hand that Navi is NOT imminent

You can get the Powercolor vega 64 Air, for $399 on Newegg right now.  The liquid version is currently $499.  You can get the AREZ Strix from ASUS for $459.

I don't think the intent is to have Vega VII replace the Vega 56/64 in the product stack, but be offered in addition to the existing products, in the RTX 2080 tier.  It is interesting, as the Vega VII doesn't have dedicated ray tracing at the same price point, but doubles the VRAM of the RTX 2080 with way more bandwidth to boot.

pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: nVidia RTX 2060 has Vega 64 performance for $350; Sapphire tips AMD's hand that Navi is NOT imminent

Yah, the kicker is that they are claiming this card is aimed at gamers but no game will come close to benefiting from that bandwidth or overall amount of memory. So really it is a slick card still for compute customers but I don't see it as overly viable for gamers at least not compared to direct competition. Even within the AMD camp already. That Vega 64 for 400 is IMHO a much better way to go. Unless you are 4k gaming I don't even see those as really viable over the RX580 at least not from a price difference point. Obviously my opinion is base on my needs most the time and everyone else has their own opinion.

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Did not know that thanks!

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

Prices on NewEgg today were higher than you state. I was hoping to find a Sapphire Nitro but none are available.

0 Kudos
ajlueke
Exemplar
Exemplar

"Prices on NewEgg today were higher than you state". 

Really?  Let's check it out.

"You can get the Powercolor vega 64 Air, for $399 on Newegg right now.  The liquid version is currently $499."

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Well that checks out.  " You can get the AREZ Strix from ASUS for $459."

pastedImage_2.png

Looks like they all check out. 

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

only one card, asus was with a dual fan cooler, i hate blowers

the discount only surfaced after I last did a price check

guess I am sticking to my RX 470 a while longer

0 Kudos