cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

uker
Adept II

No new AGESA versions since May 2017?

The last version of AGESA, version 1.0.0.6, was released in May 2017.

What has been going on since then?

AGESA 1.0.0.7 was announced in November 2017 but I have yet to see a single BIOS come out using it.

Also, nothing new during all of 2018 and the first quarter of 2019?

Did I miss anything?

0 Likes
10 Replies

According to Wikipedia there is a newer AGESA Version that came out in November 2017 version 1.07:

Need to contact your Motherboard's Support to see if they have a BIOS version with 1.0.0.7, the latest.

AMD just gives the BIOS creation companies the information needed to create BIOSes with the new AGESA for Motherboard Manufacturers. It is the Motherboards Manufacturer responsibility to make the new BIOS available for download at their Support site.

So you need to contact your Motherboard's Manufacturer to find out when they will have the new BIOS available for your motherboard if they already haven't done so.

LMAO!!!

You'll never guess who added that info on Wikipedia not two hours ago.

Want a hint? Take a look at the image.

And no, "released" and "announced" are two VERY different things.

0 Likes

I can see why you were LMAO, But the Wikipedia doesn't mention who updated it.

Anyway, Found this at Gigabyte. Unless Gigabyte goes by a different AGESA naming in versions, their latest for this particular Motherboard is 1.1.0.1A:

Maybe you can find out which AGESA version 1.1.0.1A refers to 1.0.0.6 or 1.0.0.7?

Apparently there is in fact an AGESA 1.1 series running in parallel with 1.0.

Here is also someone mentioning getting 1.1.0.2 and noticeable improvements with it.

And here is some people talking about AGESA 3.2.7.1. I'm lost now.

0 Likes

I would not put to much weight on the AGESA 3.2.7.1 since this came out in 2015.  It probably is a renamed version of a previous AMD AGESA.

Sometimes at MSI Forum they upload BETA BIOSes that may include untested updated AGESA coding. BETA & MOD BIOS Section & Official Bios, Beta Bios and Firmware Links[INDEX] - LOOK HERE FIRST! (MSI Forums)

0 Likes

The next version should be released this year along with Ryzen 3000 series.

Yep, that makes sense.

It's strange then that apparently they released Raven Ridge support in some other version then (1.0.0.6a or 1.0.0.6b?).

0 Likes

Apparently 1.0.0.7.0 is making its way onto motherboards now, ASUS just released it to the Crosshair VII (X470) two days ago. The note about the chipset driver is interesting and makes it sound like this will be a more risky update than usual, especially as AMD hasn't updated their chipset driver package in 5 months.

Interesting!

That figures why ASUS was distributing a newer driver package than AMD itself.

I have been using the updated driver for a couple of months now with no issue.

Here's fingers crossed for the humble Prime B350 PLUS getting the updated version.

BTW, you may want to check out the post by elstaci where apparently some motherboards are getting AGESA versions starting with 1.1.

MSI for my motherboard has 1.0.0.6 which was released nov 1, 2018