Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

saga3475
Adept I
Adept I

Re: No Dual Channel Mode possible, only Single Channel

Hello again,

i repaired the pin. installed it on the socket on the mainboard and installed the rams. same issue happened.

so it has nothing to do with the pin i guess.

maybe its about incompatible ram? or is this really a defective cpu?

is there anybody out there facing the same problems?

0 Kudos
elstaci
Esteemed Contributor III

Since you replaced the Motherboard and still has the same issue than most likely it is the CPU that is defective.

Best way to eliminate the CPU is by installing it on another compatible Motherboard and see if Dual Channel is recognized. Or install a different CPU on your current Motherboard and and see if Dual Channels work.

If possible maybe you can burrow a CPU from a friend or family to test your motherboard.

You can open a AMD Warranty Request from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form

If you CPU is still under 3 years since you last purchase it, AMD Warranty is still in effect.

0 Kudos
saga3475
Adept I
Adept I

Hello,

no i have nobody who can burrow me another cpu. we have still lockdown here every computer hardware shops are closed. nobody is around i only can online buying new motherboard. i purchased another ram (hyper x predator 16gb 2666) who is listet in the qualified list from asus prime b350 but i faced the same issue. no dual channel mode. but i think i ve gone a long way with this amd ryzens.

i do not have the money to buy another hardware all the time and the cpus are almost 3 or 4 yrs old and i do not have warranty at all.

i think i will buy another platform and hope i will no longer have such issues like that. of course i ll buy complete other bundle (board, cpu, rams)