cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

pokester
MVP

Re: Newegg not giving Game Codes nor Answering to my requiries

Never played the first one but heard many good things about it. You may enjoy your new game.

colesdav
MVP

Hi,

I tested the initial implementation of DX11 Crossfire on "The Division" years ago.

The info about that is still on this forum.
It had lots of problems. It eventually got fixed but it doesn't scale very well at all.
There is no DX12 MultiGPU support, but DX12 single GPU runs ~ OK and certainly gives higher FPS than DX11.
DX12 was very new at the time.

I ended up finishing "The Division" campaign in the past few years. I only play games casually so it took me a while.
I did enjoy it.

The Division 2 was interesting to me of the three titles going in the current Raise the Game Fully Reloaded deal for GPU's.
I am not interested in playing Devil May Cry 5 or Resident Evil 2.

I saw this: The Division 2 DX12 Performance Will Be Better, Optimized For AMD

I certainly hope so and I will enjoy testing it provided I get the Game Code activated in time for the Private Beta.
I hope they will have good DX12 MultiGPU performance at similar levels to that seen in Sniper Elite 4, but I see no mention of MultiGPU or Crossfire in the article.

Thanks.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

I really have my doubts that Multi-GPU will ever become mainstream. I don't think enough people actually use it for the developers to consider it worth the extra effort to support it. Kind of a chicken vs the egg thing. I think if it had more support more would maybe add that second RX 580 a year later. But I think the graphics card companies would rather sell you the new high dollar card too, so crossfire is pretty much dead, and I fear multi-gpu will never really get off the ground in a significant way. I hope my guess is wrong though and I am pleasantly surprised.

DX 12 in general does finally seem to be getting better optimized in the newer games. For instance even in Battlefield 1 it was faster for me to run DX 11. In BF V now though DX 12 is faster.

Wish I could get those other games. I really liked the Devil May Cry series myself and played all of them. I also have played RE 2 the the original. Played most of that series too.

colesdav
MVP

RE: Wish I could get those other games. I really liked the Devil May Cry series myself and played all of them. I also have played RE 2 the the original. Played most of that series too.

Sure - everyone likes different games. Glad you enjoyed them.

A recent game titile - Strange Brigade - runs MultiGPU in both Vulkan and DX12.
I was checking it last night running at 4K Ultra and > 60FPS no problems on a pair of R9 Fury X.

I think that MultiGPU is important because I think multiple smaller die on a single substrate is the way things will develop on GPU.
Also may need a second Discrete GPU for RayTracing.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

I hope the multi stuff does catch on. I would love to see a day where you don't have to trash your old card but just add to it. I really like the idea and have some seen some tests from AOTS where they did one AMD and one NVIDIA card with good results in MUTI-GPU. It is however completely on the developer to support it.

0 Likes
matrimc
Adept I

I don't have problem logging into AMD Reward site, already made my account there.

Is there any possibility to get the games if I have the receipt and the video card actually in my system (as it is right now)? As it was in beginning of January, I still do not have the game codes from Newegg nor do I have any response from them on my enquiries.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

I don't speak for AMD but I'm pretty sure you have to get the info from New Egg first.

Their corporate contact info:

Newegg

9997 Rose Hills Rd
Whittier, California 90601

Contact Newegg

Phone Number: (626) 271-9700

Fax Number: (626) 271-9403

-------------

Sometimes this lights a fire to getting results.

Better Business Bureau

file a complaint: Newegg, Inc. | Better Business Bureau® Profile

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Hi

Are you definitely certain you didn't see the red Digital Product as shown by warsun above?
I repeat the image warsun posted here:

Screenshot_2019-01-09 Newegg com - Newegg shopping upgraded ™.png
I would guess you cannot progress unless Newegg give you the game code, without that I think you are stuck.
Bye.

0 Likes
matrimc
Adept I

Well one of my problems is that Newegg isn't responding to any of my enquiries, so I can't get even a word from them as of now.

0 Likes
matrimc
Adept I

Checked again on my Newegg account, don't have any digital products delivered to me.

0 Likes