cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

matrimc
Adept I

Re: Newegg not giving Game Codes nor Answering to my requiries

It is the current (2) campaign that is still valid up until February. It started 15th November and I ordered my card roughtly 23rd of November. Originally I thought they would deliver the codes when the games are released but then I heard that people have already been given their codes right after the ordering.

As of now I still haven't heard a word from Newegg.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Hi matrimc​,  warsun

I will test how long it takes to get to the point of being able to log in to the following Website.

AMD Rewards

pastedImage_7.png

I do not have an AMD Rewards account at the moment according to that link - although I used to have an account a few years ago
I don't know where the account has gone.

So I will register a new account here:
AMD Rewards

pastedImage_0.png

I will let you know what happens to me.

I do not have any game codes yet but you never know I may be crazy and buy a Radeon VII or that RX Vega 64 Liquid on Newegg since all existing RX Vega64 AIB are too big and heavy to fit in my case and it turns out that I cannot DX11 Crossfire my RX Vega 64 Liquid with PowerColor Red Dragon Vega 56 anyhow.
Or maybe a Radeon VII 'R9 Nano' will get released ...

It all depends on how well this RX Vega 64 Liquid performs with the Adrenalin 2019 19.1.1 driver  with latest version of Windows 10 64bit.and also Linux Performance. 

So I might need an account set up and ready to use.
It will be interesting to see what happens.
If I get any response and I am able to talk with them I will point them to this post, that is the only way I can think of helping you out.

Bye.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Hi matrimcwarsun

New Account created:

pastedImage_2.png

Time now =

pastedImage_1.png
Lets see how long it takes for my Activation Email...

Bye.

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

I'll put it another way, did you use the pc you built for your niece (or other pc) with the rx570 installed when you registered and entered the Newegg coupon code.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Activation email received almost immediately. Clicking on the activation link gives similar result.
This time I am logged in but it still asks me to activate the account.
I was using Mozilla Firefox so I deleted my Firefox Cookies and tried Google Chrome.
Same result.
So I either try 48 hours or open a support case immediately.

I will try to open a support case even though I have no game code and see what happens.
Bye.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Hi

matrimcwarsun

I opened a support case AMD rewards, pointing to this post.

Bye.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

For AMD Rewards to honor your coupon code, the qualified AMD GPU Card (RX 580) MUST be installed on the computer and you need to use that computer to go to AMD Rewards website to activate the code for your niece's games. If you don't have the RX 580 installed than you need to wait until you receive the GPU card and install it in your niece's computer.  Otherwise, when you log in to AMD Rewards and it doesn't see the RX 580 installed it won't honor the code since it can't verify that you have a qualified GPU card in your computer.

Another User in a previous thread had a similar problem. He purchased a RX 5xx GPU card during the AMD Promotion period. But the GPU card was Dead On Arrival. So he needed to send it in for Warranty Replacement. But the Replacement GPU card wouldn't arrive until after the Promotional Period ended. He also tried to input his code but was refused by AMD Rewards since he didn't have the AMD GPU card installed in his computer.

I mentioned to the User to open a AMD Reward Support ticket explaining the problem and to show proof that he had purchased a qualified GPU Card during the Promotional Period. He also provided proof of the Warranty Replacement ticket to return the GPU Card under Warranty.

Later on the User posted back that AMD Rewards honored his code without the GPU being installed. But this is more of an exception to the rule than the general rule.

That is what goodplay​ was trying to mention to you in his previous posts.

EDIT: It seems like you haven't received your code from Newegg. If that is true there is nothing you can do with AMD Rewards website UNTIL you get the code from Newegg.

If Newegg hasn't provided you with a game coupon or code then AMD can't do anything about it. The issue is between you and Newegg and not AMD. I don't know if you open a AMD Reward Support ticket if they can inquire for you from Newegg and find out the reason why you haven't received your game code or coupon.

The AMD Moderators have mentioned to other Users about not getting the game codes from the retailer that they need to get the code from the retailer and AMD doesn't provide it.  AMD can't really do anything until you have a qualified code to input at AMD Reward website given to you by the retailer or GPU manufacturer. Possible their are options but that is up to AMD after opening a Support ticket.

This previous thread from this particular forum is about several Users not getting the Coupons or codes when they purchased a qualified GPU card during the promotional period. One of the Moderators answers concerning this issue: Raise the Game bundle did not come with my RX 580

colesdav
MVP

Hi,

Never mind about redeeming the code  or not getting the code from the retailer.
I think this issue in some cases (warsun ) may be the inabililty to even register with the AMD Rewards Site even if you get the codes based on what I read. 

I would have thought If the AMD Game Reward codes are not supplied by the retailer on purchase or within a clearly defined period then they should be returned immediately because it is false advertising and it is in fact a scam and an artificial way to promote GPU sales.

The initial Raise the Game deal had two really great titles. Strange Brigade and Assassin's Creed Odyssey that I was interested in anyhow and when I saw that deal available on a PowerColor RX580 even I paid attention to that one. It meant the GPU was getting towards almost being 'free'.. It would almost be worth purchasing the GPU, installing it, installing the game codes and then reselling the GPU on Ebay or somewhere else.

Go listen to or read last two AMD Investor Conference Calls.

GPU mining bubble has burst now.

Lots of second hand RX580s now out there on Ebay for sale and also new cards available from places like Newegg etc.
It sounds like Newegg and Walmart have been promoting these deals and simply not supplying the codes then?
How widespread is this?  If it is more than a very small number of cases then AMD should be interested and get involved.

I think the RX480, RX580(1st RX480 refesh with increased power limit) , and now 590 (second RX480 which is the second RX480 refresh with even higher power limit)  are actually pretty old technology now. I was surprised that the RX590 was even produced.

I thought these Game Deals were a way to help shift those RX480/580/ GPU's before Navi was supposed to be turning up at the start of 2019.

Bye.

goodplay
MVP

Must be something seriously wrong with my pc, first pic is create account response

This is today login 7:44pm

Edit:- forgot this one

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
colesdav
MVP

Hi

matrimcwarsun

I have been attempting to log in to the AMD Rewards site for the past two days now.
I constantly see this: pastedImage_2.png

Here is the time check versus the previous post:

pastedImage_0.png

That's over 48 hours as far as I can see it.

Bye.