cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

caccio
Newcomer

New system underperforming?

Hi, I just got myself a new system but something doesn't feel right, in some games it just stutters all the time, in others it doesn't feel as smooth as my previous rig. I'll post all the info I can below.

Note: I've tried multiple solutions to figure out what's wrong. Benchmarks, drivers of all kinds, even formatting the PC. When formatting , it did become as smooth as it could , though the FPS weren't as high as they should compared to youtube videos I saw.

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ Limited Edition 8 GB
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon 18.12.2
  • Display Devices
    • Optix G27C2 1920x1080 144hz
    • (used to have a 2nd one plugged in, but with the new system it just turns on and off every second)
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • B450M S2H - Version F2
  • CPU/APU
    • Ryzen 5 2600
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Seasonic M12 II Bronze Evo Edition
  • RAM
    • 16 GB DDR4 2400

Like I said, FPS are just stupid unstable and it doesn't feel smooth unless they go over 144fps for obvious reasons. In fortnite (I know, I just needed to test it for the sake of it , epic textures, it reached the FPS it was supposed to but quickly derailed into 20-30-40 fps , then onto 100's again and it just stuttered every second or so.

• I've got this screenshot attached of the wattman graph during a game of overwatch. Hope it helps and thank you so much in advance!
0 Likes
10 Replies