cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

olsaintlit
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

New Monitor replaced old monitor and now my PC is slower and my Framerates in game are awful.

I'm using the Radeon R9 380 4GB GPU with the AMD FX-6300 CPU and I haven't had any problems until I got this new monitor. This monitor is an HP 22Cwa 1080p and before that I was using a Dell 1440x900 monitor with no problems.

I'm connected via HDMI on my new monitor, before I used Dvi with my Dell Monitor.

Got any suggestions? I can't seem to get this fixed and my AMD drivers won't properly install now. Just my luck.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
trix4rix
Adept I
Adept I

Re: New Monitor replaced old monitor and now my PC is slower and my Framerates in game are awful.

Your new monitor has a much higher resolution (2,073,600 pixels compared to 1,296,000 previously).  It means your GPU has to work harder to render each frame.  You can drop settings, or change from your native resolution (to make the game render frames the same size as before, instead of a new higher resolution), but your best bet is to just drop some settings.

Drivers can be another issue obviously.  guru3d.com has a great utility called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and you might want to use that before reinstalling your new drivers.  I just google search "DDU" and the top one is the link I click, but google does search tailoring, so it might not be top for you.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
goodplay
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: New Monitor replaced old monitor and now my PC is slower and my Framerates in game are awful.

Aside from trix4rix suggestions, re your install prob (there are some reports of auto installer failing), try a Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Do not use the "auto...." or "min setup" for this.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
olsaintlit
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Problem solved, I just installed Windows 10 and all my problems were fixed. It even runs better than previously on Windows 8.1 Pro

0 Kudos
goodplay
Esteemed Contributor III

This site might come in handy for Tuts/fixes/help, etc...tenforums.com/

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,