cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

New Driver Download page/format

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
12 Replies
noodles59
Miniboss

Yo, much easier to navigate especially chipsets!

0 Likes

I like the layout. I noticed thought that many on the old setup it would list the final legacy crimson driver for older HD 4xxx series cards now only the last CCC version is there.

0 Likes

The user would also have to know that his/her graphics card was considered "Legacy"...which some do not know.

0 Likes

This might cause some issues,

If you play around with the 'or search for.....', but then use 'Select your....' you get sent to the other (e.g. the 380 driver).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Another issue cropped up...there are no "series" designations anymore....like HD6000 'series'.

Try finding drivers for HD6750M  or  HD6400

0 Likes

They're all under the HD series

The larger problem is there is no Radeon Fury series designation. Also there's no "Auto Detect" option, and as we've seen on here, there are a lot of people who do not know what their card is.

0 Likes

This was rolled out too quickly, we are already starting to see threads like MSI 7870 RADEON driver where people don't know what to do.

0 Likes

If you just click there...and not choose a specific card..you get the minimal setup...no full version available.

0 Likes

But that series isn't in the legacy section either unless I missed it. I just don't know how you would get to that driver now. And those older CCC drivers can be an issue with the newer .net at times. It is always good to have options.

0 Likes

I found a lot more versions  by using the drop down:

0 Likes

Seems like AMD discontinued the Auto-detect feature. I inputted Auto-detect in the Search box at AMD Download web page. Came up with the link to Auto-detect. But when you click on it, it returns you back to the starting point of AMD Download web page.

0 Likes

I am using the e-mail support to report these issues...don't know if it's the right place or not.

Email Form