Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

New Coolers with RYZEN Purchase

Jump to solution

Good day friends,

It was brought to my attention that the new Ryzen CPU's will have a cooler included. As a new AMD member I decided to go full AMD on my build. I had purchased the new AM4 Motherboard which I pre ordered and the RYZEN 1800x. I had to purchase a new cooler, not the best cooler but I am not on the fully financial side, these purchases took me a few months to save up for. I kinda feel robbed that the new purchases will include the coolers.

My question is, seeing as the Wraith Max will be for my processor for the ones who pre purchased these CPUs will we be offered the coolers.

" We’ve listened to our customer feedback and designed our newest coolers to deliver near-silent operation, bolstered with capable thermal hardware – with no increase in pricing when these new coolers have been added to existing processors – for a tremendous value. "

As for a young person on a strict budget, I would really hope they reimburse the people who did not receive this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: New Coolers with RYZEN Purchase

Jump to solution

That is talking about the improved Wraith coolers which ship with the R7 1600, and for the FX-8350 Wraith Edition. It clearly says on AMD's website no cooler is included with the 1800X.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-7-1800x

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

Everywhere i read, was an additional cost for the cpu & heatsink/fan combo ?

If you look in specifications of the newegg adv, it says cooling device not included.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Well on the amd website it's not a extra charge

i read that amd doesn't do the coolers, its their partner so amd doesn't have the option to sell them

separately?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

Would you mind providing a link ?

Edit: As i read it, there is no price increase (in the redesign/improvements made).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

That is talking about the improved Wraith coolers which ship with the R7 1600, and for the FX-8350 Wraith Edition. It clearly says on AMD's website no cooler is included with the 1800X.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-7-1800x

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Kudos