cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

New 7600X not POSTing

I just did a new build over the weekend and cannot get the build to post. Everything powers on but there is no signal to the monitor. DRAM, CPU and VGA light comes on, but the VGA light stays on for about 25 seconds then cycles through them again. I have reseated everything, tried different ram combinations, different monitors with HDMI and DisplayPort cables and I have also cleared the CMOS. I have also taken out the GPU and just tried the integrated graphics and it does the same thing.  

MB-ASUS TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI

CPU-AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Ram-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 32GB -CMH32GX5M2D6000C36

GPU- EVGA 2070

PSU- EVGA - GT Series 850W

SSD-PNY XLR8 CS3040 1TB

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vynski
Exemplar

Just checked your memmory support and ASUS is not showing support for your RAM.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Did you let it run through its memory training, can take some time on first bootup.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
Vynski
Exemplar

Try @goodplay  's advice first.

Can you enter the BIOS on startup?

If so make sure the integrated graphics is enabled.

It sounds like a BIOS update might be needed, shouldn't but it happens.

Try just 1 stick of RAM and see what you get.  I assume you inserted the RAM correctly, slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 4.

Also when you tried posting with the integrated video did you remove the GPU.

Try installing the SSD-PNY XLR8 CS3040 1TB in a different slot.

Same mobo and cpu and same problems and led lights.

I’ve left mine like this for more than 1 hour and still no boot and no post.

im maaaaad and I don’t know what to do, already 3ple checked everything, cmos battery out, reset, 1 ram, different slots, only escencials, same problem nothing on screen, no POST, no BIOS 

help! 

0 Likes

Since you have Mobo Trouble LED to go by, disconnect everything from your motherboard except the PSU, CPU and Windows Drive.

Power up and see if the CPU LED goes on then off and the DRAM LED stays on. That means that BIOS checked your CPU and it passed the POST Test and found no DRAM installed.

Now add one Stick of RAM in A2 and see if now both the CPU and DRAM LEDs goes out and the GPU LED stays lit unless you have it on integrated graphics. Then the GPU LED should go off.

You can connect the Monitor as this time if you have the Integrated Graphics enabled by removing the GPU card.

Also your Keyboard and Mice.

It should now start to boot into Windows.

See if you get Video Output. If none are you using a Adapter cable to your Monitor?

Is your Monitor settings made to receive PC Signals and the correct Video Input mode selected?

Try different video output ports on the Motherboard or on the GPU card if installed.

Try setting in BIOS CSM Mode (legacy) and then UEFI Mode and see if you get video output in either of those two modes.

NOTE: The above method is using BIOS to check your hardware as you install it. During POST if BIOS sees an issue with a hardware (GPU, RAM, CPU, or Drive) it will stop the booting process until the error is fixed.

So the above method is using process of elimination to check which step of the Booting process is having issues.

If all Mobo Trouble LEDs goes off and starts to boot into Windows  (Your HDD/SSD LED on your Computer case will be constantly flashing or on solid during the booting into Windows) then the issue is either with your Monitor or cable to the Monitor.

You can try and connect a different Monitor or Smart TV and see if you get video output.

Vynski
Exemplar

Just checked your memmory support and ASUS is not showing support for your RAM.

So, it turns out the ram I had got was not compatible with the motherboard. I didn't even consider this since it was a brand-new build and because I have never run into this with the past couple builds/upgrades I have done. The model number had one letter different than what was supported. Finally got the new ram that the motherboard supports, and it posts without any issues and was able to install windows.

Really glad to hear that.  

Have a nice Christmas

Same happen to me with exact same MB! Did it just post when switching out the ram? I just got new sticks that's are comp but I still get no display so far

0 Likes