cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

mackbolan777
Forerunner

Re: Need Help.. What Should i do next.. Need Help ASAP PLEASE

Aside from @colesdav advertising for the competition, I did forget a point with drivers. The best driver in my case and most others is using the 20.8.3 over the November release. He is also correct and I should've emphasized better that most modern builds only use one powerful GPU. Crossfire is for DX11 and AMD hasn't gotten the "bugs" out of using multi-GPU's in DX12, which only a few games use anyway. Most do not need 2 GPU's, I was going by what you were asking as far as this build. The fact you wouldn't want to spend more than $300 on a board is revealing that you most likely wouldn't want a $700+ video card or 2 of them for that matter. @colesdav was taking my "hypothetical " a bit seriously, while it was more of showing how out of reach that is, as well as unrealistic. If you thought about using 2 GPU's, don't. Not in today's world with your config.

I feel it's personal preference in regards to getting the RX 5700 XT (using the 20.8.3 driver) vs. waiting for a $649 6800XT to come around, using that CPU. If you were using the 5600X-5950X I would be saying to wait for the 6800XT vs. the 6900XT. For a number of reasons I'm not going to elaborate why the 6800XT vs. the 6900XT other than those cards have Raytracing/Vulkan ability and use SAM and most gamers are choosing the 6800XT. 

@colesdav has experience using G-Sync/FreeSync monitors with AMD cards and claims they work identically. So that's the answer to the question of will a G-Sync monitor work with a FreeSync one. He claims to be able to use an Nvidia card with an AMD on the same board, at the same time. I would suspect that one needs to be disabled and only one card in use at a time but I suppose if the drivers don't conflict while running at the same time, go for it. To me the difference in GPU memory bandwidth, clock frequencies, a "Turing" card in PCIe 3.0 and an AMD in PCIe 4.0, etc., that doing so would be a conflict. 

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

OP  already has an EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER FTW3 ULTRA GAMING.

RE: 
 $200 difference: $500 vs. $700+.

The pricing difference depends where you are and where you buy from. 

RE: Besides, this is an AMD forum. We don't speak Nvidia!

Don't be ridiculous. 
You sound like goodplay.
I guess you want me shot at dawn.

RE:  OP could wait for the 6800XT to be available and jump up to a 5600X to use SAM/Vulkan technology.
It will be a long wait. 
Nvidia have "SAM" now as well, FYI. It works with Intel CPUs as well as Zen3.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

RE: "For you to suggest an Nvidia product over AMD in THIS forum is wrong. That's advertising for AMD's competition and most definitely against forum rules. I'm not knocking Nvidia but I'm certainly not going to disrespect AMD by advertising for Nvidia on this forum."

I am not advertising for Nvidia. I am providing publically available benchmark data comparing the GPU the OP already owns to the AMD RX5700XT you recommend instead. 

You are just upset because you are talking nonsense advising people to buy 2 RX5700XT for Crossfire. 
You clearly do not know what you are talking about. 

The OP already has an  EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER FTW3 ULTRA GAMING.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

RE: Aside from @colesdav advertising for the competition, 

You are a liar.
Time you apologised.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

RE  colesdav has experience using G-Sync/FreeSync monitors with AMD cards and claims they work identically.

Yes, any FreeSync Monitor I have tried works fine with Nvidia Turing GSync Compatible turned on. 
Most FreeSync monitors should work fine on Turing/Ampere GPUs. 

RE: He claims to be able to use an Nvidia card with an AMD on the same board, at the same time.
No claim about it. I run many PC with primary Nvida and secondary AMD cards.

RE: I would suspect that one needs to be disabled and only one card in use at a time.
No. What would be the point of that? You can run a monitor from an Nvidia GPU at the same time as running another monitor from an AMD GPU. 

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

RE your little private message to me 
"Notified a moderator, time to stop. you're out of line.". 

You are out of line.

Don't message me again.

0 Likes