cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: My Ryzen 1800X Upgrade Diary

I flipped the field and dropped memory speed to the next divider and slaughtered the timings, yielded better effects as expected. Despite persistent badgering to raise tRC to 64 it yielded no effects.

rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

thats actually interesting. we know underclocked ram with better latency usually shows better results most of the time. but from what i am gathering the real performance dont start until 3200+ so anything under that, may aswell trim cl .. i am surprised with ryzens cache that still works. atleast for now..!

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Well i was hoping to do another comparison with heaven bench. it seems i ran into a slight issue there. um long story wasnt fun. basically i cant execute it and its in multiple files..i got hit. i dug it out clean reinstalled to no avail. so hopefully you like unigine valley bench its actually better. if you want to compare. same stats and engine but with more liquid effects and draw distance. so i bumped mine up a hair since your getting up there i figured i better try something to stay ahead . so give the valley bench a whirl see what ya get. im curious.!

vally snip final.jpg

best i could do for now..! you may need a little bump on cpu

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

check

0 Kudos
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

Unigine's SuperPosition (DX12) benchmark has been out for a while now - but it tends to lean towards favorable results on my NVidia set up. It reads SLI fine and uses both cards - on my RX480's it sees both, but only uses one. My second card remains completely untouched. I've sent this to them a couple of weeks ago along with log files etc - maybe it'll get fixed down the road.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

i tried it i cant run both cards on it and it really crushes my setup not sure why. it dont seem right.. 29 fps tops. its coded nvidia or something .. dunnorammer.jpg

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

same thing here it reads my gpu but wont use it. and my score was over 3000 but close setups like mine with nvidia were totaly 7000-9000 scores that cant be right..

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

heaven bench... now there is long story that goes along with this, but if you want to see where i been 2 days it was a disaster too trace and fix lol.. i will post that on foxtrots and my 1006a thread. it will be called what not to do and why. you will be shocked what happend hence .i have heaven bench again from my clone drive heh.

well everything same 1 gpu 3600mhz minor voltage variances some up some down. still not tweaked 2 day repairing pc lol.

heavenbb.PNG

im going to try for 1875 but not sure wooof.....

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Now if ASUS could just read a bloody temperature, -60°C is only 104°C less than the actual temperature...

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

I have only seen this with fx series cpu's .. under high stress situations. in like aida64 hwmonitor several.. but never on a mobo this is very odd. This could be possible simply due too several software monitoring the sensors at the same time which isnt good in any case. if so it can cause all kinds of things such as lagg , crashes, bsod's even window hangs. sounds odd but is true.  all from a simple sensor overload. i am curious are you using hwinfo64? there is huge warning slapped in your face when you run it. i simply dont let hwinfo64 monitor asus or corsair link incase of conflicts..  personally i didnt even think of this till recent but i had 3 software monitoring my sensors at the same time. i fixed that. !! this could be whats happening.

0 Kudos