Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

atlasminor
Challenger
Challenger

Re: My Ryzen 1800X Upgrade Diary

Agree, without real hardware to support any of windows-10 proclaimed new great features, i have seen almost no performance gains at all. Vega-Instinct looked promising, thought to be Hawaii, but turned out Vega bigger one was Polaris, which not really game geared.

black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

At least there was no performance decrease with Windows 10...

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

black_zion  what do you have your bclk set on is it over 104.8 running pcie at gen2 2.0 ?

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

i found in registry if you run wattman over 25+ volt it turns off the volt limiter so slam it too 50+ .. set oc to 10% + try it you should jump 100 on score easily.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

sorry for posting again. i noticed your fury is nano not fiji. hmm either way it should be same.

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

No I don't, and I don't have any reason to alter the base clock as it will not go beyond 4ghz, which I can do at 40x100. Power limit has long been set to +50%. Fury Nano IS Fiji, it is the same GPU as in the Fury X.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

ok only reason i asked was because i saw it was 3593ghz that threw me off. your fury x clock is 1000 mine 1050 which should even out the difference since i only have 3584 shaders or what not you have more.. i want to see you hit 1600. you know what to do 

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Tweaked my timings and upped my RAM to DDR4 2933 otherwise same settings, ran twice, exiting and relaunching between the two runs as Windows 10 still borks Ryzen. Leads me to believe there

CL is still much higher and speed much lower than rated, still hoping for DDR4 3200 16-18-18-54 with a new BIOS, current 0803 is a beta BIOS for AGESA 1.0.0.6, bloody Hynix RAM...

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

in the end, that trc bankcycle time needs to be 63 and getting passed that 3;44 ratio fsb is the hump... yea those corsairs are A b&^#@ .. basically, its like a leap of faith to jump the hump. 1.45v on dram and dont forget if your board has a vboot for dram  for post time voltage. i wonder if 17-18-18-18-36 or 38 with bank time trc 63 would pass over with 1.45 v. i dont think ive seen those with 54 run 3200 only 63. and plenty of juice to help it train then drop volt back a bit.. you do have soc at 1.1875 yes? it will need all of that...i had beta 1006 in and it had option for 2T . option 18-20-20-20-38 /63 maybe.. play wif it.. but score looks alot better. and that beta is very how should i say , odd acting...

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

i got a newer beta now  its 1401 pre release not the 9945. 1401 is actuall number for crosshair boards. i havent tried it but there a guy in here running it but its better just not quite ready so i may wait.

0 Kudos