cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

My $500 paperweight

Until the motherboard ships...Odd that it was made in China, usually AMD chips are made in Taiwan.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
goodplay
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: My $500 paperweight

Been wondering why you hadn't posted anything on your build.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Aye, got the RAM in last week, the 1800X today, motherboard (Amazon.com: ASUS Prime X370-Pro AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 ATX X370 Motherboard with AUR... ) is still unknown shipping date, and I haven't received my bracket from Corsair yet, but I do have my old H60 I can use if the bracket doesn't come in first (the H60 uses the stock mounting system and is compatible).

goodplay
Esteemed Contributor III

One good thing about the delay I suppose, plenty of time to read up on the tweaks/workarounds/optimizations that others are finding.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

At least the board should ship with BIOS 0502 which supports Ryzen, which could be the reason for the delay, the initial BIOS only supported Bristol Ridge.

0 Kudos
janagewen
Challenger
Challenger

Most processors from AMD that I got in touch are diffused in Germany and made in Malaysia, several are made in China. Very rare chips in current days are Made in Taiwan, especially for those based on Jaguar microarchitecture, they might use the TSMC foundry rather than GlobalFoundries. As to Diffused in USA, this is the very first time that I found for more a decade. It is really charming, but to me, a little bit sick (made in China, oh, no never, I dislike it!).

The physical package, I mean the box, is quite similar as the days when Athlon 64 was releasing, large and dark coloured. But the Athlon 64 introduced the new ISA and new platform changes, but Ryzen, besides performance, what does it really introduce? But the price, ..., OK, I never have the purpose to afford it, and frankly, I am tired of Made in China completely! If in the future, I have the plans to customise AMD Ryzen based servers, I would select processors made in somewhere else.

ibanggpu
Adept III
Adept III

Can the ryzen even run overwatch?

0 Kudos
dark3063
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

its still made in taiwan it's just amd's getting pressured by chinese to change it because they get too triggered otherwise just like how if it said made in south dakota the east coast of the united states would get triggered

0 Kudos
janagewen
Challenger
Challenger

No, definitely, Made In China is Made In China, Made In Taiwan is Made In Taiwan actually! There is nothing made or manufactured in Taiwan, use word or phrase China instead! Please do not confuse or mislead others!

ambrose
Challenger
Challenger

Hello,

Very nice, Hope everything arrives undamaged, as to the build Please do a Vanilla Build for the time being. Always nice to see a " Sleeper " and see just how a bone-stock build does measure up in " Real World User " applications.

Cheers, Ambrose

P.S. Think you can do something with mine, heheheheh

480863763.jpg

0 Kudos