cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

monitors not going to sleep

ok so its not a huge deal but figured id drop a line about it- perhaps it can be fixed in an update ------ when i run eyefinity mode  with 3 monitors  the middle one only sleeps not the other 2 ----- but i can run them as individual screens   and have no problem with them sleeping ---- im running an i5-4670k, 2x r9-280x, win-10- any more info needed don't hesitate to ask

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: monitors not going to sleep

Same problem. Issue appeared when upgrading the driver from 16.x to 17.x. I have a R9 285.

Didn't try to use the old driver again.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

I'm having the same issue with Eyefinity on my RX 480 on Windows 10. The center monitor will go to sleep, while the side monitors display a black image but stay on. I don't know when it started, but it could have been in the switch to the 17.x series of drivers.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I'm having the same problem with my eyefinity setup since I switched from 17.2.1 to 17.11. series, funny thing is when I play a game that has no eyefinity support the monitors go to sleep,and if I switch back to 17.2.1 the problem goes away,except windows is constantly telling me to update my driver.Here's my setup Windows 10 pro i7-3930K, Nitro R9-390-8GB + Tri-X R9-290x-8GB.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Same problem with my R9 290. All drivers after 17.7.1 have the exact same issue for me.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I guess there' s no support for eyefinity any more. Bump I installed 17.2.1 again and no more problem all my monitors work like they should.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yea I just re enabled eyefinity someodd months later, several windows versions later, and tons of driver releases later expecting it to be fixed.

This is is my surprised face.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

This is still an issue as of driver 18.5.1. And turning the side monitors off sometimes messes with Eyefinity, so we're left with either keeping the monitors on all the time and wasting electricity or having to disable Eyefinity.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Currently I'm using 17.7.1 and power saving mode works correctly on all my monitors, and I'm not having any other  problems yet . So far all my games are running ok.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Now if we could just restore that functionality to driver 18.5.2, so that

we wouldn't have to use a year-old revision...

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 7:48 PM, sleepwalker359 <amd-external@jiveon.com>

0 Kudos