cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Missing tray icon after update to 16.12.1. How can I restore it?

Welcome everyone ! It's my first post so sorry if I write in wrong place.

I've small problem but very irritating. After update to 16.12.1 I lost my tray icon. (Windows 7 x64). In system settings I can't active it because I get message about nonactive icon. When I right-click on desktop I can see Radeon Card Settings. After this click I can see icon on my tray. In Radeon Card Settings I've active tray icon, but it isn't working. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Challenger
Challenger

Re: Missing tray icon after update to 16.12.1. How can I restore it?

Hello Adam,

Do you have the AMD icon to be shown via properties of windows task bar to always show? You could also try to hide system tray for card icon then recheck ( mark ) it in the Radeon settings again. Without the system spec info it is hard to help. Have you made sure that you are using the right update and/or that it installed correctly?

Please keep us informed as to your issue.

Regards, Ambrose

P.S. And that will teach me to have multi windows open, I noticed after I closed out that you have W7 64 bit, I use this as well, so that makes me comfortable in my suggestions  above as I did them both ways and I have my icon in the task bar. If you still have issues uninstall the driver and run DDU in safe mode reboot, then re-install your driver again whilst not having any security app running.

Esteemed Contributor III

Restart your computer. It's a little bug where if you don't uninstall the drivers from the control panel before doing a clean install the tray icon gets a little glitched. If that doesn't work, launch it from the start menu icon created at installation and then restart. If that doesn't work, reinstall 16.12.1 normally (not clean install), that should fix it. Same kind of bug where if you use DDU to do a clean install without uninstalling first it'll glitch the icon.

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

So

In properties of task bar I can't choose "always show". When I try to choose it I get a message "Unavailable icon". It's look like a Radeon Control Panel don't autorun when system starts. I must to reinstall drivers this weekend. I don't remember what install option I selected (simple or clear) when I updated my drivers.

PS Sorry for my english

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

Hi Adam,

No need to apologize, take your time, Again, let us know how you made out.

Regards, Ambrose

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi. I forgot about this topic. After update to 16.12.2 my problem was solved. Thanks for all advice. Have a nice day.

0 Kudos