Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Crusher03
Journeyman III

Memory upgrade

I have a gaming computer from best buy that is as follows

CyberPowerPC - Gamer Master Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 8GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 580 - 2TB...

It cam with 8GB ddr5 memory and I can't find any to match it so I am going to buy CORSAIR - VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 Desktop Memory. My question is, will this different brand and type of memory work in my computer. Please advise me on this, thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply

Either go to Cyberpower website for your PC and see what RAM Memory they offer with your processor (https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer-Master-9500or download and run SPECCY to see what Motherboard is installed in your Cyberpower PC computer case.

I suggest you run SPECCY and find the exact Make & Model of your motherboard (Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte, or MSI) and then go to that Motherboard's Support page and look at the QVL LIST for RAM MEMORY for your processor.

Then choose the RAM that is within your budget. All the RAM in that list has been tested by the Manufacturer to be compatible with both the processor and Motherboard.

NOTE: Cyberpower uses 3rd party hardware like Motherboards. Plus there is no DDR5 that has come out yet. The latest RAM MEMORY is DDR4.

I believe you got confused with GPU vRAM which is GDDR5.

EDIT: I wouldn't install RAM MEMORY until you know what Motherboard you have installed and what its QVL LIST suggests, otherwise you might experience incompatible RAM Memory computer issues or contact Cyberpower Support and ask them what RAM is compatible in your computer setup from them.

0 Likes