cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted

LG 27MU67 and FreeSync

Jump to solution

Hello to all I have LG 27MU67 and amd r9 290 card,DP 1.2..And in radeon settings enabled freesync. Its says that i have range 40 to 60 But in games if i set max refresh rate to 60fps(in radeon settings to be max fps) then im having tearing picture and if i set it to 59fps (in radeon settings to be max fps)then is ok no tearing no input lag and other..Why is that if its says that for my monitor i can have 40 to 60 and in readeon says the same.Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: LG 27MU67 and FreeSync

Jump to solution

When you set FRTC to 60 it i can sometimes go slightly above 60, say 60.1 - which will result in the odd screen tear. For best results you should set FRTC to 59, allowing one frame of wiggle room for these exceptions.

Alternatively, you could enable Vsync and FreeSync at the same time. This will remove all tearing and automatically lock the FPS to 60. FreeSync removes all of the negative aspects of Vsync, so there is no reason not to enable them both, unless the game you are playing operates better with Vsync disabled.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

When you set FRTC to 60 it i can sometimes go slightly above 60, say 60.1 - which will result in the odd screen tear. For best results you should set FRTC to 59, allowing one frame of wiggle room for these exceptions.

Alternatively, you could enable Vsync and FreeSync at the same time. This will remove all tearing and automatically lock the FPS to 60. FreeSync removes all of the negative aspects of Vsync, so there is no reason not to enable them both, unless the game you are playing operates better with Vsync disabled.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you very much You helped me a lot <3 Freesync is the best i love and i'm using amd radeon for years(15years) cant wait for polaris my next upgrade from R9 290 Thanks again

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

No problem at all, thanks for the nice feedback and response.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you and you welcome if i may ask another question what do you prefere more.solution A(cap fps in amd control panel to 59fps)or Solution B V Sync on + FreeSync on.Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

It depends on the game for me, as some games don't always function correctly with Vsync enabled - Fifa 16 for example. In Fifa 16 Vsync causes the FPS to lock at 30, so i disable Vsync and use a FRTC cap of 59 with FreeSync. I use a 4K 60HZ FreeSync monitor with a range of 40-60HZ. In other games that work well with Vsync enabled, i use Vsync with FreeSync and leave FRTC disabled.

pastedImage_3.png

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for big explanation with picture I tested all day with Vsync on and off.My monitor is 40 to 60 range too.but 44 45fps is needed for me to see no tearing picture with only freesync enabled.So with both Vsync and FreeSync enabled we get best result.Only problem is that i got fps drop with VSync enabled and FreeSync enabled(just drop for no reason for example from 43 44 45 its drop to 35 37 38..) but with only FreeSync enabled i dont get fps drop.Can you tell me why is that?because i dont understand Sorry for so many question and thank you for answering me and helping me P.s you have so much power in your pc god bless you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

What games are you playing and what image quality settings are you using?

I find it's worth sacrificing some settings in order to ensure that you stay within the golden FreeSync range. It so happens that Fifa 16 is not very demanding at all, so i can dial up the image quality and stay within the FreeSync range to avoid tearing or FPS drops.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

This is my radeon settings.i played Witcher 3 and in that game all is on and max quality except nvidea settings for hair

2016-03-23_203258.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

It's been a while since i tested the Witcher 3, but i would disable HBAO+ as that's a GameWorks feature and would use the Override tessellation feature in Radeon settings and set it at x4 or x8. More information here.