cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

gen242
Adept III

Launch of 6700XT sold out in seconds

Very disappointed, but not surprised. Impossible to buy a new graphics card for a decent price. In 4 minutes it appears the 6700XT cards were sold out. I hope they were for home builds and not scalpers.

spent 20 minutes trying to get through the check out to eventually fail. I reckon the sales server was a gen. 1 Celeron

maybe next time. Maybe get a Mac (cost less than a graphics card) hoho

1 Solution

CD722715-DC1E-4868-8DD2-3B76E9185516.pngAlready available on eBay 999€!!!!

View solution in original post

56 Replies
tomatosan
Journeyman III

Well I fought through the 503s and got and order # and there is a hold on my card for the amount the card cost.  However, I have not received an order confirmation in my email.  So not convinced I got one yet.

as a follow up, I did manage to get it.  Arrived yesterday.  Wish more of you guys could have done the same.

Hi, luky guy that managed to get one.

At this time I get the feeling, that this is more or less getting into illegal actions. I see, when there is a new bunch of card in Stock.

I'm blocked and the shop is down. Within the next days I can see them on E-Bay sold at double or triple price.

I wanted to build a new PC.. I need it for my business but I'm not willing to pay that prices. more than 200% more is not what anyone of them will get from me. Please AMD... put in you shop some captacha things that prevent the automatic ordering.

I'm really frustrated and no, I will not by the matching AMD CPU... even if I could buy it. Without an graphic card It doesn't make sense. So see you next year

0 Likes
Strachkvas1
Adept I

I have same experience. In my country (Czech Republic) no stores are selling RX 6700 XT (they did not even list RX 6700 XT cards, not even stores which are recommended by AMD) so AMD site was my only hope. But all my time was wasted. I have managed to put 1 card into my cart, but during check out process the website was getting me error n. 503 and did not respond. After cca 20 minutes I was able to fill my personal informations, but the website had issues. Paypal did not work and when I typed my informations the site said there is a problem with my address, that I used unsupported characters... **bleep**? What kind of encoding is this? How can I write down my address when I cannot use characters specific for my country... We use ˇ and ´  above letters like this for example "Čeňková".

I am very disappointed. They said that stock is going to be better this time. Not in my expereinece. I can say for sure that in Czech Republic not a single retailer was selling RX 6700 XT. Not a single one! And AMD website was wicked joke. How is this better?!

Maybe AMD could take an advice from EVGA and implement a waitlist. We can just check and wait for our card and not waste our time on website which is clearly broken under the pressure of scalpers bots.

Thank you AMD for wasting my time...

Unsatisfied customer

P.S. Good luck to you all, who are as well as me desperately trying to buy a GPU in 2021!

Heinzi
Adept I

The biggest joke i´ve ever seen!

Amd what hell are you doing with normal customers that only will buy one graphics card?

I have tried to buy one, got one in basket, try to pay, was in paypal authentification for TAN, all was ok. Try to insert shipping adress and tadaaaa a big big big fat surprise your system dont accept german letters ä ö ü ß, try to write correctly ü with ue so your system can read shipping adress and next fat surprise i have never seen before. My shopping cart is suddenly empty again..... what the hell.

Is this your strategy to bind customers to your brand ? Is my money to dirty for you?

AMD thank you..... for wasting my life time for nothing.

I will never try to buy something again from your company its an evidence of incapacity! Other companies do much better!

0 Likes

Since AMD outsourced this debacle to a clearly unfit-for-purpose organization in MN, maybe we should all mail some dogsh*t to their HQ address to register our disgust?

On second thought, it really could subject USPS workers to unwarranted nastiness.

yes its a debacle and show up they have not learned after the last desaster.

will you buy this card for usury at ebay 3/4 your monthly income? other retailers the same,  fan more and little other colored plastics doubled prices, its thats worth?

an official statement next few days you here the same excuse as before with 5600X processors and other graphic cards RX6800.....RX6900 XT, sorry we have not expected this rush.... that will show unprofessionalism.

Have seen a post from a czech guy.... he got the same problems with czech language to add his delivery adress.

and AMD best job you have ever done...useless links to retailers marked with (6700XT) have never heard about, only selling complete PC systems for 1799€...... i dont need a complete new system, two month ago bought a new X570 motherboard and 750w power adapter upgrading my system step by step... a mistake. For these links you have better fixed your bugged adress fields for customers in there countries.

0 Likes

People buying these for mining better pray the price of ETH holds up after EIP-1559, not to mention the tokens that are built up on that chain.  There's a substantial change in July, and rumours are that they are accelerating proof-of-stake for ETH not long after.

Highly doubt they can get these cards paid off before then, and not sure if they can switch over to RVN or Conflux either.  Once things go PoS (or an ETH miner revolt), the shift to other networks will shoot the difficulty into the stratosphere leading to less profitability for everyone.

Lots of *ifs* here but potential icebergs.

the Green build cards for ETH miner, but the miner not stupid why should they buy them? After mining they can´'t sell it at ebay  again for triple price as normal graphic cards made for gamer.

0 Likes

If they are eventually forced to sell, they won't be alone.  To move a used card, they will have to discount because the gaming market cannot absorb all these cards.  Gamers buy them 1 or 2 at a time.  Mining operations buy them 6, 8, 12, 24 at a time ... and they'll be forced to sell at those numbers too.

There will be a glut on the used market.

These people are getting swept up into a FOMO madness and don't think they have thought through how viable their exit strategy would be.

bought RX 580 card near doubled price a few years before from retailer. Why this company didnt learn anything from last years they got a big fat market and can´ not deliver to it?  It seems a super duper job to be sales manager here. This company can be happy that the green side is even more bumbling. Thought years before after an half year of drivers issues with cards from the green, here will be better in future, but its the same.

Simply a big disapointment!

0 Likes

If I had to ask only one question to an AMD exec right now it would be: how many cards did you actually have?

It would appear the answer is: not that many, which is why we won't report it.  If AMD could push more cards, they would have.  They are a profit-seeking organization and likely hamstrung by supply and logistics issues.

My problem is that over on reddit people have screenshots of people clearly buying them 5 at a time and then instantly reselling them at double the MSRP.

Dont think only a second Miss Lisa Sue or another exec will read one of this posts here and answer it.

They do the same procedure as every year!

(sorry for this german insider).

They will only look email from money spending investors and wallstreet and talk a little bit in talk shows solving problems with there partners trying to fix them next launch.

So is no time for solving real problems yet or for anything else

acguarnica
Adept II

it was, yet again...Scalpers.  And don't you be fooled, AMD is in bed with it.  They've got prices soaring right now and all because they refuse to do anything about the insanity. 

Bigred650r
Journeyman III

Not sure why AMD can't or won't set up a wait list. At this point I'd settle for an idea of when the next drop of cards might show up. 

0 Likes
Bigred650r
Journeyman III

Well that pretty much sucked. Hi AMD? Can we get on a wait list or something? I'd pre-pay / pre-order if I could. Any idea at least, on when the next drop might take place? 

0 Likes

They are in bed with the scalpers.  They get a high kickback on their chips.  Keep an artificial scarcity of product and watch consumers act like alpha dogs trying to come out with their beloved prize. a hunk of wafer that supposedly is the best thing since sliced bread.  Unless you've absolutely got to have it, I'd starve the beast. Screw them. They have shown that they do not care about their video game oriented community. Why sell one unit when you can sell 5 or 10 at a time?

0 Likes