Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Is this finally the right RAM?

Jump to solution

After a lot of research, I think you would get these to work at their stated 3200MHz frequency:

The second one is a lot more expensive, so I'm hoping the first one is just as good, although I'm not sure if there is any significant performance difference between 16 and 14 latency.

The MBO would be Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX, there is no specific mention of them at Asrock's compatibility list, but that's not really indicative of anything.

Can someone know for sure this is correct?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Is this finally the right RAM?

Jump to solution

there is no need to overclock the cpu or controller. since your not overclocking the ram at all or cpu.. at worst you may need to be in oc mode on that board maybe.

once you have the 14d ram if you decide to run 3200. you just need to not use turbo and set cpu multplier to atleast 36.5  which is well below ocing. set cpu volt to about 1.38 and reboot into windows few minutes and reboot back to bios and either use the xmp profile for 3200 and set it to 3200mhz. but its best to manually put the timmings  and recommended volts in bios. also make sure you are in advanced mode in bios not easy mode. simply push f7 to switch modes in bios. boot up.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

no get he 14D gfx .....flare-x 3200mhz  gfx not trident-z ...

keep it simple get the best that acttually work correctly...

G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) AMD X370 / B350 Memor...

flaresssssss.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

if you end up getting the trident-z make sure you get the 14d series b-dies . they are a different b-die chip..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I'm not attached to the G.skill brand, but they seem to have the most availability in the 2x16GB 3200MHz department.

Do you have an idea of a guaranteed RAM sticks with those characteristics?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

There exist two kinds of memory controllers for current AMD processors, the one in the AMD APU are from the former ATI, and the one in the AMD FX and Ryzen are from AMD, their own. I have no ideas whether your would choose the AMD Ryzen as your major computing power? But I have to say that no processor from AMD currently support DDR4-3200 officially, they are supported by overclocking the circuit of mobo and processor, so I think the first one your mentioned is enough for your system. Do not expect something not officially supported would bring you any surprise.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

It has no 2x16GB 3200MHz option.

I need 32GB because of rendering and 3D modeling. Such software devours memory.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

there is no need to overclock the cpu or controller. since your not overclocking the ram at all or cpu.. at worst you may need to be in oc mode on that board maybe.

once you have the 14d ram if you decide to run 3200. you just need to not use turbo and set cpu multplier to atleast 36.5  which is well below ocing. set cpu volt to about 1.38 and reboot into windows few minutes and reboot back to bios and either use the xmp profile for 3200 and set it to 3200mhz. but its best to manually put the timmings  and recommended volts in bios. also make sure you are in advanced mode in bios not easy mode. simply push f7 to switch modes in bios. boot up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

ok well then if your not comfortable getting 2 kits of ram with consecutive serial numbers like a 32 gb kit then you may need to run a slower memory kit for 32gb ram. 32 gb is alot on the controller aswell and would need more voltage on the SOC to stabilize that much ram 1.15 or 1.1875volts but never go over 1.2v on soc.

do your self a favor and do not buy 3000mhz sticks of any kind since they run in the memory mapping hole which will most likely only run 2666mhz anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Kudos