cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

kingmansir
Journeyman III

Re: is my amd a10-7800 cpu supposed to go up to around 80+ degree celsius when gaming

Screenshot_20210429-143609.png

this the case I have

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

Re: is my amd a10-7800 cpu supposed to go up to around 80+ degree celsius when gaming

one thing how do I set my cpu rpm and my Chas rpm to the required speed for my pc

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

You can't control the Chassis Fan speed. If your motherboard has that feature your motherboard will do it automatically.

The CPU Fan can be controlled in BIOS settings. Most BIOS you can set a Fan profile or you can use Asus own software AI Suite 2  or 3 to control the fans on your computer.  

AI Suite you can control many aspects of your computer including the processor and motherboard features.

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

I can't seem to find the air suite cause I'm new to this 

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

I just put in my new fan and it's still similar but I'm still trying to find where I can change my rmps.

do I got to my bio when turning on my PC and press delete or f2 when I go into the bio I clicked the advanced settings then I clicked on the monitor tab then do scrolled down to the cpu q fan control I can only enable or disable it and when I disabled it my fans is loud 

20210429_112443.jpg

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

BIOS has Q-Fan Control for both your CPU and Chassis fans enabled.

That means that the CPU fan will increase or decrease depending on the CPU's temperatures automatically.

You image of BIOS is showing that the CPU fan has ramped up to 1757 RPM which is good and your processor is at 44C which isn't bad.

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

i put the wrong photo its this one. when both is disabled and its quite loud for the CPU one. the first one is the rpm and temp when only the CPU q fan control is enabled and the second is the rpm when both disabled

this one is when i enabled the cpu q fan controlthis one is when i enabled the cpu q fan controlthis is both disabledthis is both disabled

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

If your processor doesn't overheat while playing games with Q-Fan enabled then leave it enabled. That way it won't be so noisy all the time.

Here is an explanation of Asus Q-Fan Control in BIOS:

Screenshot 2021-04-21 073647.png

If the CPU fan is loud that indicates it is running at full speed trying to keep your processor cool.

What temperatures are you getting when playing games with the new CPU Fan?

Try using OCCT CPU (small packets) to stress test your APU and see if it overheats. In Global Settings set the Maximum Temperature to 75C so OCCT will stop the CPU test if the processor goes past 75C.

Also have you checked the CPU fins (Heatsink) to see if they are dirty or have a film on them?

If the CPU Cooler fins are dirty that could cause your processor to run hotter than normal since you had the PC for around 4 years now.

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

i cleaned it 2 days ago so it should be clean.

and maybe its my heatsink that not cooling the apu much and need a new cooling fan for the pc its only my thought

if so do you have any recommandtion for a 80mm heatsink without or with that will fit my current clips that is with the heat sink i have

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

where can i find the download for OCCT CPU

0 Likes