cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

goodplay
MVP

Is MS Experimenting with Your PC

Interesting read, make of it what you....

https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/115719-ms-experimenting-your-pc-really-has-anyone-heard.ht...

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
44 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: Is MS Experimenting with Your PC

I dread 2020. End of support for Win7.

noodles59
Miniboss

I am always amused about such kinda threads - even when MS allows to set some (security) registry keys does not mean MS can't override those settings at will and pleasure as needed. 

I dread 2020. End of support for Win7.

kingfish, Win10 is a big step up compared to 7 in all aspects - it's a solid (smooth) OS provided you have reliable/sufficient hardware.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

I hope by 2020 enough of the 'testing' will be done that I will enjoy it as much as 7 (and 8.1)..I really do. But I see these kind of issues daily and Microsoft seems to be the last to have a finger pointed at them. After every big refresh/version of Win10 is pushed/forced on the public (who don't have 'Pro' or Enterprise) the complaints start to roll in. Not just on this site but all manner of apps and diverse programs cease to function correctly. The average user, which I am, shouldn't have to be a genius at isolating the problems to get their computer functioning again.

But I am resigned to it...I guess.

0 Likes
noodles59
Miniboss

Relax, I am on 10Home and it just works even after big updates - Corporate environment is much more difficult since I witnessed an Office 365 rollout plainly overwriting device customizations - bit of a teeth grinding there for IT departments to restore.

However, discard all those overclocked Home user complaints and "why this is not working BS" - homemade problems all around!

Geniuses are not needed for problems that do not exist when.... see above 

qwixt
Forerunner

Seems like it's an insider build setting from what I could determine.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Just curious, but are you still able to upgrade to Windows 10 free. I know that the date has passed for the free upgrade, but I keep reading that Users still are able to upgrade without having to purchase the OS.

Maybe you may want to consider Dual Boot on your computer. Windows 7 and Windows 10. That way you can find out how well your setup works in Windows 10 especially after every 6 month major upgrade. That is unless you have more than one computer in which you already have Windows 10 installed.

WIndows 7 was one of the best Windows OS that Microsoft came out with.

kingfish
MVP

I'm really not sure..I read the same things, some say yes some say no. But that would be for the home version.. I think. The one computer that I use for gaming, and has Win7, I am not too sure that the MB could handle it. It's a Intel DX58SO which is not supported by Intel anymore. The rest of my computers have Win8.1...which is good until 2023.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Maybe you can convert the Windows 7 computer into the WIndows 8.1 when Windows 7 support ends and then convert the Windows 8.1 computer to WIndows 10 which should support it.

Seems like your Intel Motherboard can support Windows 10 as long as you are able to find drivers for it.  All the drivers for your Motherboard  at Intel Support is for Windows 7.

This is from TenForums.com concerning Windows 10 and your motherboard: https://www.tenforums.com/installation-upgrade/27781-intel-dx58so-mb-win-10-a.html

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

It was supposed to be only insider builds, but some are seeing it on release builds.

I've never installed an IP build, but that setting was enabled on my pc.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Likes