Journeyman III

is it my cpu?

so i just built my first PC and the spects are: 

gigabyte aorus b450 wifi pro micro itx

ryzen 7 2700x

xfx rx560 GTS XXX edition

600w evga 80+ gold

16gbs ddr4 2666 RAM

so after i built it i installed windows with a key i bought for 10 bucks, and everything went good with downloading steam and other programs. moments pass with no problems, i ran a benchmark and it went great! but when i try to start up arma 3, it crashes right when it puts me in the game.. it would either crash and take me to the desktop, or crash and have the PC shut off.. even better, i tried it again and even the simple programs will make it crash.. i was told by other forums that it was my drivers, but all of them were up to date and i even bought a driver manager.. so i took it geek squad like an idiot, and they told me i needed a new gpu.... fml.. so i get the same gpu and put it in and still the damn thing! people are saying its my cpu wattage is too much for the mobo, and saying i need to get a different mobo.. i just wanna throw this thing in the trash right now.. and stomp out my oculus rift.. and yes all bios were updated

0 Likes
4 Replies

What does WhoCrashed say: www.resplendence.com/whocrashed Dollars to donuts it's your RAM.

0 Likes
dacq
Adept III

I don't think it's the cpu or rx560. It's more likely to be the power supply.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FO7_K-XDMQ

I recently had this same problem & got an RMA from the PSU maker so EVGA should be able to do the same for you.

0 Likes
qwixt
Forerunner

After building a PC, you have to test it for stability to troubleshoot potentially bad hardware like various memory and cpu testing programs. I use an older version of prime for testing CPU overclock and memory. ASUS realbench is a free download that can test your system.

0 Likes

thanks for the info, i just found out the problem.. my HDD was being weird. so the PC worked with no crashes when i unplugged my HDD, but when i plugged it  back in it went straight to BSOD 

0 Likes