Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

jc950
Adept II

Ingame stuttering

Hi,

I'm a little bit desperate about this issue. Maybe I can find some help here !

The problem : I'm having micro stuttering while playing most of the games. It is very obvious on cyberpunk or call of duty cold war (no matter the graphic settings).

The setup : 
 - ASUS PRIME B550M-A(WIFI)
 - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
 - AMD Radeon 5600XT
 - DDR4 Corsair vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz
 - SSD NVMe M.2 Samsung 970 EVO

The analysis so far :
 - I've run several tests using default windows tools to check RAM and system integrity
 - I tried Hot CPU Tester and run a bench over 6 hours that didn't notice any anomaly
 - I also used 3DMark to run both bench and stress test. Here there is an interesting point, the results don't show any "problem" but the score is way below the average (average means other users score for the same bench with the same setup).

I've tried to switch GPU with a friend and we've run the 3DMark bench on both setup :
 - His setup : the score matches the average
 - His setup with my GPU : the score matches the average
 - My setup with his GPU : the score is below the average

Conclusion : I tend to think that the root cause doesn't come from the GPU, but I don't know how to identify the problem. If anyone has any advice to do so I would be very greateful ! 

NB : All the pieces are new and have been acquired in october 2020, I didn't see any physical damage on any of them and they have been treated with all the respect they deserve.

0 Likes
30 Replies