Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

natasha
Elite

Impossible to post reply

Jump to solution

I want to post a comment (I hope, helpful) to Drivers for Ubuntu 14.04 don't work topic but there is no link "Reply" and a new topic like "Drivers for Ubuntu 14.04 don't work - Reply" cannot be created. It is in Linux & Apple Boot Camp subspace. Also I see that I cannot post even in my topic Dead" AMD Forum which is also in that subspace.

Why?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jtrudeau
Staff
Staff

Re: Impossible to post reply

Jump to solution

Thanks for the heads up. Digging into it.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Thanny
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Since you didn't specifically mention anything about it, the safest conclusion is that you weren't logged in at the time.

0 Likes
backFireX64
Forerunner

Jump to solution

The "safest" thing to conclude Thanny  would be after actually trying to reply on that 2 Linux topics and report back if it works for you or not.

With that said, i just checked up those topics and couldn't find a "reply" button to use and post myself there, after making sure i was logged in first.

So, it is... safe () to say that there could be something wrong, with the server, the particular segment of this site, or something else entirely i am missing here.

Thanny
Miniboss

Jump to solution

OK, quickest, not safest, as that's what the case was the last time I saw that problem.  What is safe to say is that Jive is anything but straightforward.  There are all kinds of permissions behind the scenes we can't see, so you can't simply look for a thread to be visibly locked. 

I have no guesses why those posts have munged permissions.

kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

I think it's because the post was ​moved​ to that forum, either by the OP or a moderator.

backFireX64
Forerunner

Jump to solution

Maybe, but how about we get an official response in the meantime ?

I mean, natasha is an old-time member on the AMD forums and, allow me to say, a renowned helper on Linux matters, so i would expect a bit more, allow me this as well, sportmanship from AMD reps.

Unless it's already been dealt in a private manner, in which case the OP should inform about.

Ray ? Anyone ?

garwynn
Elite

Jump to solution

I'm planning on sending a PM in the meantime, disabling the Intel IGP should be fairly easy and should straighten out the other issues.

0 Likes
natasha
Elite

Jump to solution

I was logged in that time (if it is needed, I can make a screen-shot...)

backFireX64​,

Thank you for your support

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

Jump to solution

No reply option there for me either.

Looks like a job for jtrudeau

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
jtrudeau
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

Thanks for the heads up. Digging into it.

View solution in original post