kingfish
MVP

Re: Im selling my AMD cards

You are so smart.....

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Here is my guestimate on how much faster the RTX2080Ti Will be.

Cuda Cores Factor = 1.214963707.

Pessimistic estimate using lowest GTX2080Ti core clock = 0.912162162

Pessimistic estimate for performance increase due to higher memory bandwidth = 1.05072727273

Performance improvement versus a GTX 1080Ti = 1.164462113

Performance versus an RX Vega 64 Liquid = 1.513800747 times faster.

So I reckon that the GTX 2080Ti will be at worst, 51.4% faster than an RX Vega 64 Liquid.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

OH yah, well what's the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Don't know ...

Are you watching the Nvidia event? --- They are just talking about the 2080Ti now.
Still don't know how fast it is yet ...

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

No, Gotta link?

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you should be posting all this data on the RTX 2080 at Nvidia Forum. Since most or all the Users there have  Nvidia GPU cards and might be interested in upgrading later on.

By you posting there concerning your research on the RTX 2080 it will give those Users an idea of the Specs of the new GPU card.

By posting here at AMD Forums you might change some upset AMD Users to decide to switch Nvidia GPU cards which is not a good thing for AMD based on your positive review.

Just my own opinion.

I realize that you are just giving your opinion of the new Nvidia GPU card, but it sounds more like an advertisement for Nvidia at the same time.

colesdav
MVP

Erm ... not sure I should do that.

Last time I pointed to it above, this thread got locked and I could not see it or access it.
I thought I was on the naughty step.

The event is on Youtube and Twitch.

There were about 12.5 Million people viewing it on Twitch which is pretty amazing.
It just finished.
I did miss the start of the presentation but it is heavily discussing the RTX (Ray Tracing) and the AI blocks on the GPU.
They have come up with a new Performance Metric based on how many ray tracing operations can be done on the new 2080Ti versus previous 1080Ti  and below generations. No mentioin of AMD cards from what I see, however it is strange for Nvidia to launch the 2080Ti along with the 2080 so maybe they worry about new AMD cards on the way.

I guess we will have to wait for benchmark measurements to see how fast these cards really are.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Hi,

I have not been doing a review, I am just interested in seeing where these new Nvidia cards are at versus AMD Vega 64.

Bye.

0 Likes
arcticwind
Forerunner

African or European?

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Anandtech just posted this:
It has some Single Precision Perf data.
The RTX2080Ti = 13.4 TFLOPs.
The GTX1080Ti = 11.3 TFLOPs.
That is an 18.58% performance improvement, which is not far off my pessimistic16.4% estimate which assumes card runs at 1350MHz core clock.

0 Likes