cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I need to buy a motherboard for RYZEN CPU which offers (TSME and SEV) setting in its BIOS. Any suggestion?

Hello everyone,

I need to assemble an AMD machine for the system security research purpose. I need to prepare a system with RYZEN CPU to do some research with SME, TSME, and SEV. I appreciate if someone would help me to identify the model of the motherboard which offers to enable both (TSME and SEV) in its BIOS.

Thank you.

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: I need to buy a motherboard for RYZEN CPU which offers (TSME and SEV) setting in its BIOS. Any suggestion?

You won't see (T)SME/SEV used at the same time. SME is usually OS based (IE runtime, in the OS environment), TSME if implemented by motherboard manufacturers is BIOS based. SEV as far as I know does not work work with TSME. By now you've probably already read about "Ryzen Pro" cpus which have enhanced security features such as TSME - it's also a line I am very interested in. So far no news has been released on specific manufacturers, but my guess will be Dell/HP/Lenovo in their business lines before(/if) it hits the consumer end.

0 Kudos