cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I need Ram for my new AMD 1700x at a reasonable price anyone have any suggestions as the price seems to have gone up 100-120 USD on most ram in the last 5 days.

Hello,

So my wife decided to make a computer with me this year one for each of us as our Christmas gift to each other. This is her first home build. I was excited to get her the parts I did. However, one part illudes us. Ram. When i contacted G. Skill they told me that Ram is priced based on demand not on a set price. Thus their explanation for why its gone up 120 dollars in the time a ticket or two i had filed were going on.

Long story short im looking at 190-280 USD for ram, and I feel thats a bit silly as it was 149.99 on black friday and 179.99 for the 3200 DDR4 Ram Flare X on Tuesday. The span of 2 days has changed the price by anywhere from 50 USD - 120 USD as i said.

I'm looking to just get my wife some ram around the market price of 179.99 / or less that will work well with her AMD 1700x and Asus TUF B350M-Plus Motherboard. I kept seeing that there were bad reviews nearly on every piece of ram i saw on the compatibility list except the G. Skill Flare X. I would love if there was something I could buy in 16 GB kits for the computer at around 179.99 USD a kit of 16 GB and had good reviews for compatibility.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: I need Ram for my new AMD 1700x at a reasonable price anyone have any suggestions as the price seems to have gone up 100-120 USD on most ram in the last 5 days.

Corsair lists several models which are compatible with Ryzen. However, not all motherboards are capable of running the same RAM at the same speed, so your best bet is to ask on ASUS' forums where you can get input from them.

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: I need Ram for my new AMD 1700x at a reasonable price anyone have any suggestions as the price seems to have gone up 100-120 USD on most ram in the last 5 days.

RAM prices are all over the dial which has make it more challenging.

My suggestion is to wait for the dust to settle. Then see what kind of deals can be found.

0 Kudos