Re: black screen fix works for me

asus x470- pro

ryzen 5 2600

2X8Gb Corsair

sapphire 570 pulse 8Gb ram.

corsair rmi 750i

I turn on the computer.
I log in.
after 5-10 seconds, the screen freezes, monitor turns black and closes the keyboard / mouse.

I can do nothing,except to riset from button from the pc case.

it does the same when it wakes up from sleep mode.

Usually the computer works properly and I generally have no problem

in both cases, they can occur every 7-10 days.

0 Likes
chris1969
Adept II

Ok unplug your pc check your usb ports, pcie/mem and pci slots if any, make sure they are clean and there are no bend pins, also check your cards and mem modules if you can see some sort of corlor change on the slips that connect to the main mobo slots.

Also ake sure you interior of your pc is dust free including meme modules and pcie cards, and put everything back, close the hatch en start your pc, see if there is any change, if not continue.

now try this tool from soruce forge, Snappy Driver Installer download | SourceForge.net update all drivers and reboot when asked, make sure you keep updating until it's completely empty appart from amd gpu drivers.

Update all recomanded except radeon drivers, if this program tells you tehre is a update then download the radeon drivers manualy.and use the radeon names snappy displays to look for the corrct drivers, just to make sure here.

after reboots and installation of the latest drivers, and software.

check again if there is any change., if not continue

check power safe mode, follow instructions in the link, not going to make a huge list of things to check, while solutions are available on the net.

How to Fix Windows 10 Sleep Mode Issues 

Some parts in that link tell you to update your drivers, snappy is the best one at this moment that can do it for you without demanding support and program stops functioning, this one just works with or without payment /support.

Let me know what the result is, and make sure you checked all that is mentioned., from start to finnish.

and I still need to know if your pc fans and gpu fans spin at fullspeed when this happens.

when al this fails try resetting your windows setup.described in this link Windows 10 - How to reset the system and keep my personal files? | Official Support | ASUS Global .

0 Likes
papajimmy
Adept II

all drivers are update adn in my case all parts are perfect.

the only thing left to try is the hdmi cable I do not know what version it is.

that is, I don't know if it's version 1.4 and above, which requires the ultra wide monitor of lg to play 75Hz with freesync.

something else does not come to my mind.

I have done everything .. !!

thx..!!

0 Likes
chris1969
Adept II

First I still need an answer if your fans spin at full speed when your screen blacks out and keyboard does not respond, does it do that or not, I need to know the answer or we continue to bark up the wrong tree.

That your keyboard does not respond has nothing to do with the hdmi cable, but has to do with settings in the power safe mode options or windows/bios settings or possible corrupt files/harddisk, in rare conditions they might be hardware related, have you checked the link I send you in the previous message how to fix windows10 sleep mode issues, it is very important to follow each step including the sleep mode fix/solution, and that you actually made the changes.

something else you could try is to disable sleep mode entirely, no screen safe/powerdown, pcielink state powerdown link state disabled aka full power, no shutdown of harddisks, and no usb power down/powersafe modes enabled, check in windows settings and in your bios, or remove the sleep mode entirely.

https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-turn-off-sleep-hibernation-mode-on-windows-10#:~:text=on%... 

or this one 

Remove Sleep from the Start Menu in Windows 10  to remove sleep mode from shutdown options and to disable it.

Another thing that comes to my mind is perhaps your c disk is full, but that would be to simple but does not hurt to ask.

And check your bios just in case on usb power state to full support during boot, and any reference to sleep mode disabled, or select default optimal settings to test it.

Also did you try the reset windows option, I know it's a pain to go true all of this but it's imperitive you follow each step, or we are going to miss clues that might cause any problem, we have to rule out any possebilitie.

if it still fails then one last resort would be to clean re-instatll windows, that includes formating the c drive entirely, so if possible make a backup of your personal files.

I can't come up with anything else here if you followed everything and made the changes walked true all the steps it should have worked by now.

After the full reinstall it still happens then it would not be unwise to take the pc to a pc shop and have them look at it, there is something seriously wrong here, it might be something I or you have missed.

I know long story but then again it's not a game console like ps4 or xbox, and on a pc there are no simple short answers.

0 Likes
papajimmy
Adept II

the fans are manually adjustable but i can't figure out if they're working at that time

the installation is fresh with all windows updates.

if the hdmi cable is incorrect, the 75hz may work properly and create a problem.

I will try it and tell you

Thx!!!!

0 Likes
chris1969
Adept II

But do the fans spin at full speed when your screen goes black and mouse and keyboard wont respond?????

A simple yes or no pls, don't get me wrong here I really need to know the answer to that, if it's yes you might have a capasitor  problem, or a power supply capsitor problem so that's why I need to ask you that question and I need an answer to that question.

0 Likes
papajimmy
Adept II

unfortunately I can not know ..

today I changed the cable and put hdmi cable version 2.0

before I was refresh rate in 60Hz  to try.

when I put the new cable version 2.0 and changed to 75Hz,the screen freezes again i have a black screen and keyboard off...
so it is probably some incompatibility of the vga  card(sapphire 570) with the monitor(ultra wide lg 29wk500).???

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Black screens can happen for a range of reasons.

I suggest using a custom fan profile and set fans to 100% above 70C. This will avert thermal throttling.

I tend to increase the power limit which does help with the custom fan.

What is unorthodox is the use of modern higher refresh panels. People do not realize the added workload of a faster panel rises worse than 4K panels v 2K.

chris1969
Adept II

i'm giving up here jim, if you had told from the start that you where trying to run your monitor at 75 hz then we wouldn't have had this long conversation here, and you wouldn't have wasted your time and my time.

Basically you had me running around the bush all the time, and you never ever mentioned that you are trying to run your monitor at 75 hz, why you haven't told me that in the first place beats even me.

Everything in your sentence buildup pointed me in another direction(cryptic english), and now all those sentences make no sence at all, not even that I now know you are trying to run your monitor at 75 hz.

No offence to you at all, I was just trying to help you, but you could have mentioned this in the beginning! and we would have been in an enterely different fixing situation.

Just run your monitor at 60HZ, the performance will be better to.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: I fixed my black screen issues by increasing the default fan speed

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the community. 

I am locking this discussion.

If any users in this thread continue to experience a similar issue, please open up a new discussion and provide the essential information required in order to encourage helpful responses from the community. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

0 Likes