cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

linvus
Journeyman III

I feel like my PC is not using its full potential

HELLO dear AMD community. Im here because i feel like my pc hardware is struggling to reach its full potential.

I have:

Saphire Nitro+ OC RX 480 8gb version (latest driver)

Ryzen 3 1200 - Stock clockspeed (3.1 GHz)

1x16 GB of Kllisre RAM that i downlocked to 2133 Mhz to prevent bsod

Asus A320m-k motherboard (doesnt support OC-ing).   SSD for windows and some basic tools and HDD for games and media.

Heres the deal, i've checked every possible bench-marking video on youtube with this cpu+gpu combo and every video shows better performance than my pc does.

Games i play:
CS-GO: 1080p with normal/high details - Avg of 85 fps with time-to-time frame drops. Also Loading into game takes longer than on my older pc.

GTA5: 1080p with all high details - 35-40 FPS with textures not loading when  driving fast, flickering. Edges of buildings/roads are not as smooth as i expect them to be and

F1 2018: 1080p with high details - so far works great.

Rimworld - 1080p. game fps drops when speeding up the game to 3x for 5-10 seconds which i think shouldn't be happening

The surge 2; 1080p high details- Very unstable fps although on the you-tube benchmarks show otherwise.

Leage of L: 1080p with medium settings!!! - Barely 70 fps and in teamfights dropping to 45

Why im 100% sure that my pc is not working as it should be, is that my older system (FX-6300 and r7 360, 8gb ram) had better FPS on csgo. I was recording gameplay on that same pc while playing csgo and it had better fps than my current pc.

I need your opinion, and help.
I installed last gpu driver, downloaded all the chipsets/vga driver/audio/lan drivers for my MBO and installed latest bios version.
Since my mbo doesnt support OC-ing it has no option for enabling XMP profile and is not stable when i set my RAM frequency to 2400 (default) ; i get random bsos, which is why i downclocked it to 2133 MHz.

What do you guys suggest? Im desperate for some king of advice.

Should i perhaps buy new MBO?
Is my MBO at fault at all?

Can i force-overclock RAM via Bios and is it possible to do it all? (I have performance bias options: Aida, r15 perofrmance and r15 balance)

Thanks for any kind of help, wish you best wishes in these quarantine days. #StayAtHome

0 Likes
10 Replies