cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

How to solve Heating and Shutting down problem with HP Pavilion g6-2312ax?

Extreme heating problem with HP Pavilion g6-2312ax. I have opened my laptop and found that the copper rods have turned black. Is this the reason of excess heating and shutting down?

Laptop has already been cleaned but to no avail.

Display Hardware

AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series

AMD Radeon HD 7660G + HD 7600M Dual Graphic

Processor

AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 2300 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

IMG_20170414_010847 (1).jpg

Message was edited by: Ratul Aich

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Re: How to solve Heating and Shutting down problem with HP Pavilion g6-2312ax?

While you have cleaned everything have you verified the the fan(s) are working?  To turn black that had to get really hot and i wouldn't be surprised if you have some hardware component damage.  Other things to check: make sure you are applying new TIM(thermal interface material) as well as applying it properly(a little goes a long way). Make sure The heatsink is sitting completely flat and that it's properly secured.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

The more I look at this the more I think that it's black paint to match the laptop case.

Notice the straight line where the black ends on the left hand side of the fin assembly.

If it was overheating, you would see discoloration starting at the heat sinks and working its way outward. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

I more often than not post from mobile and pictures on a small screen can be hard to discern.  With that said I am sitting at my PC and I concur with you.  That is not from over-heating.  That was painted to hide the shiny stuff through a slot in the case or some other aesthetic reason.  My other advice still stands ratulaich​  I suspect a fan(s) that have failing bearings/bushings that are allowing it to only work intermittently.

0 Kudos