Journeyman III

how to create a custom resolution

Asrock z170 pro4s, i5 6600k, sapphire r9 270 dual-x 2gb

windows 10

Asus vg248 1920x1080 @144hz dual link dvi

16.12.2 i believe

8gb g skill ddr4 ram

I want to use 1440x1080 for CS:go but don't know how to make custom resolutions

Also i haven't been able to get the additional radeon settings opened for like 2 months now and im starting to get a little pissed off... I need access to the saturation settings i've been at a disadvantage for far too long so either you fix it or im not buying amd again, cause this is just bullsh it

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ismithers
Elite
Elite

Re: how to create a custom resolution

I don't believe you can create an application specific resolution from within AMD Crimson. Global custom resolutions can be created from the Display Tab, under 'Create Custom Resolution'. You then select a monitor and create a resolution for that monitor, but I believe it is active as soon as you create it and is not tied to a specific application.

Do you mean 1440x1080 or 1440x1050 (which preserves your aspect ratio)?

With respects to not being able to access Additional Radeon Settings - what happens when you try to access it?

As a side note, the tone of your post is really going about asking for help entirely the wrong way. You are one of hundreds of people requesting help, so it is better to use the carrot rather than the stick, as people respond more to that. Just some friendly advice.

0 Kudos
plshalpme
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I've been waiting months for a fix and its absolutely gamebreaking so yeah i'm pretty freaking pissed off.bullshit.PNG

0 Kudos
ismithers
Elite
Elite

You didn't answer all my questions:

1) Do you mean 1440x1080 or 1440x1050 (which preserves your aspect ratio)?

Anyway the only thing I see in Radeon Additional Settings are options for Eyefinity. There is nothing in there about custom resolution.

Did you try searching on the forum: Can't start Radeon Additional Settings  ?

0 Kudos
goodplay
Esteemed Contributor III

CCC has been removed for most Desktop cards.

Colour saturation is gone, custom resolutions are here (see pic),

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
0 Kudos