cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

cyberstorm64dd
Challenger

How Much SHOULD it cost?

I have been getting ready to build a workstation PC using AMD hardware since the beginning of the year. 

Here is what I have decided on. (if there is no brand, it means I have not picked a vendor for that part yet)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 
GPU: AMD Radeon Pro W6800, or AMD Radeon RX6900XT Strix OC. (I plan on using this PC as a rendering workstation)

MB: ASUS ROG X570i
RAM: 64GB ddr4 3666 
Storage: 2TB high-performance M.2 drive, and 8TB SATA SSD 
Case: ASUS ROG z11 micro ITX/HTX Hybrid Gaming Case

Cyberstorm64 of UNYU
Tessellation Enjoyer.
1 Solution

If you are planning on using Professional type Rendering software and playing games is not a high priority then I would definitely go with the AMD Professional GPU card W6800 that uses both AMD Radeon Pro and Adrenaline drivers. That card is not optimized for game playing even though you can play games on it.

The AMD Consumer GPU card is optimized for game playing and can be used for Rendering and uses the Radeon Adrenaline drivers but also uses Radeon Pro drivers for professional use.

Also the Ryzen 5950X is a high TDP processor rated at 105 Watts. You will need a high quality powerful Air or AIO CPU Cooler to keep the processor's temperature below it Maximum Operating temperature of 90C.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Try https://pcpartpicker.com/

Then compare local pc parts chain stores, maybe save on shipping cost ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

The W6800 is not on PC part picker

Cyberstorm64 of UNYU
Tessellation Enjoyer.
0 Likes

If you are planning on using Professional type Rendering software and playing games is not a high priority then I would definitely go with the AMD Professional GPU card W6800 that uses both AMD Radeon Pro and Adrenaline drivers. That card is not optimized for game playing even though you can play games on it.

The AMD Consumer GPU card is optimized for game playing and can be used for Rendering and uses the Radeon Adrenaline drivers but also uses Radeon Pro drivers for professional use.

Also the Ryzen 5950X is a high TDP processor rated at 105 Watts. You will need a high quality powerful Air or AIO CPU Cooler to keep the processor's temperature below it Maximum Operating temperature of 90C.

The price listings for the W6800 are inconsistent. The mobile site shows a price of approximately $770 and the desktop site shows the price of the first sale listing. What is the real MSRP for that part?

Cyberstorm64 of UNYU
Tessellation Enjoyer.
0 Likes

Well it will be at least over $2000.00.

But maybe AMD Forum's Moderator on Pro. GPU Cards can tell you the MSRP of the W6800 @fsadough 

Also maybe he can recommend a less expensive GPU card that will be compatible for your needs but he will probably need to know what you will use the GPU Card for. What type of work.

cyberstorm64dd
Challenger

I feel like a Moron, I posted before I had actually included the part I wanted to include. 

so, here is that part

How much should these parts cost if we were not in the middle of a hardware crisis?
Does the AMD Radeon Pro W6800 have an MSRP of $2150  or $780?
Is there a possible end to this hardware crisis?

I included the 6900XT as a viable alternate option for the kinds of workloads I intend on using that machine for. (I would build an ATX build for it if I were to use it, as I don't expect it to get good cooling in an ITX form factor with it. 

Cyberstorm64 of UNYU
Tessellation Enjoyer.
0 Likes

Went to AMD Radeon Pro W6800 and it isn't cheap.

This are the retailers AMD website posted where you can purchase it: https://www.amd.com/en/products/professional-graphics/amd-radeon-pro-w6800

Screenshot 2022-02-27 093811.png

But the Radeon Pro W6600 is a lot cheaper. It sells for $759.00 at B&H Photo Video website.

EDIT: Found this website review that shows several Radeon Pro GPUs and their prices chart: https://techgage.com/article/rdna2-for-workstation-amd-radeon-pro-w6600-w6800-review/

Screenshot 2022-02-27 093811.png