Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

How do I find support case status?

Jump to solution

I recently went through the support process (SR# 8200765129), and was approved for an RMA.

Well, I got the rma right before the hurricane hit Houston, and had to wait a week to ship out

my CPU (Ryzen 1700x).   It made it to central Florida (with destination of MIami), by Friday

last week, and the next hurricane hit Florida.  Go figure.  Well, last I looked, it wound up

in Nashville yesterday, listed with no destination, and no scheduled delivery.

When I sent an email to tech support, I got a message my service request was closed!

What's going on?  How do I find out?  Where's my CPU?  When will my replacement arrive?

This is my first experience with AMD support, and it's making me nervous. Was going to start a

Threadripper build, and I'm not comfortable with the total lack of information with my

(at the time, i.e. launch) $399 processor.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: How do I find support case status?

Jump to solution

Well, after two weeks from my last message from AMD, I got a message that apparently, my cpu

finally landed somewhere and passed inspection.  I know there was a storm, but why they shipped

it out of FL to TN and back again (during the storm, before, I would have gotten it), is beyond me.

They really should just have a web page where you type in you're case number and can see

info and send inquiries.  There is NO way to contact them unless you fill out the form or the

contact you first.  Some sort of status page would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

One for amdmatt​ or ray_m

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Well, after two weeks from my last message from AMD, I got a message that apparently, my cpu

finally landed somewhere and passed inspection.  I know there was a storm, but why they shipped

it out of FL to TN and back again (during the storm, before, I would have gotten it), is beyond me.

They really should just have a web page where you type in you're case number and can see

info and send inquiries.  There is NO way to contact them unless you fill out the form or the

contact you first.  Some sort of status page would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos