Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hitman Game Code - 3 support tickets, 5 days and 0 responses

Hello!

I purchased an RX 470 on December 24th and it arrived on January 3nd (Tuesday.) On the day I received the card, I went over the the AMD rewards website and downloaded their tool to check your system and get your code. The software said that my system was not eligible for the promotion even though I was sure that I was. I submitted a support ticket and waited 2 days... No response. Another 2 tries with the software, 2 more support tickets, and I am still here with no response from AMD at all whatsoever. Not even an email to confirm that they received my ticket. I feel like I am doing everything that I can, but still can't seem to get any help with this issue.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a nice day!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hitman Game Code - 3 support tickets, 5 days and 0 responses

While I will follow up on this tomorrow, did the card come with the offer of a free game ? If so, can you point me to the web site where the promo is listed ? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hey!

Thanks for actually responding!\

Although I did not purchase it from here, Newegg(MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 RX 470 GAMING X 4G 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Cro... ) still says that the offer is available. I have the exact same model from that page. I purchased my card from Jet.com. It also says I am eligible on the AMD rewards website(https://www.amd4u.com/amdgamepromo/).

Thanks for reading and helping me out!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think the problem is that the vendor has to participate in the promo, since they are the ones who actually provide you the game code.

Did you receive the game code from Jet.com?

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

This is the problem with AMD. Many people have already complained about it. Nvidia responds relatively quickly, while AMD takes a lot of time or does not even respond

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

If that is so, then why is the AMD rewards website even a thing? It also says under the requirements to be eligible for the promotion:

Is the computer system you purchased through your retailer or e-tailer from one of the following manufacturers?

There is no list of specific eligible and non-eligible vendors. I'm assuming that means any of them is fine as long as it is from one of the listed manufacturers. In my case, it is, I have an MSI card.

Jet.com did not send me a game code. They are not closely associated with AMD or NVIDIA. Although I do know people who bought 1070s from Jet.com and still received their Gears of War 4 code. I could send you an invoice of my purchase if you'd like.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I agree. It could be because AMD is a smaller company but who really know, right?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Okay, as suspected, i have been told that the game key has to come from the retailer. You will need to follow you with Jet.com for help with this issue. Once you get a game code, then you can submit it at the amdrewards web site.

0 Kudos