cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

lillehamer
Adept III

Re: Help Whanted. MSI 6900XT 16G. LOW FPS.

I hope too, somthing is wrong whit this driver, i think.

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

No all the time i allways restasted the PC, then i get new software and so on.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

OK. 

It is quick and easy to check what those FRTC related Registry entries are. 

You can find them as follows: 
In Adrenalin Software select System -> Settings. 
Your GPU will be listed under Hardware. 
Click on the "More Details" down arrow for your GPU. 
Look at: 
2D Driver File Path

An example of what I see is here: 
/REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

Open regedit:

Navigate to: 
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000

You should see the following three variables and values set after Adrenalin 2020 21.3.1 or 21.3.2 install: 

KMD_FRTCInitialStatus 1
KMD_FRTEnabled  0
KMD_MaxFrameRateRequested 60

Thanks.

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

Have tryed cant find it in regedit, i have the path in Adralina, and copy this file, but cant find it in the treee, i think this is just me, i am NOT a computer hacker. Lol.

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

m close but maby not close engnoth.

lillehamer_0-1617424575604.png

0 Likes
sadan
Adept II

You are now on your cd drive. must be on display. you can look for the path in the driver and then expand on display the 0000 as you see in my picture.

Screenshot_24.png

colesdav
MVP

Thank you for posting that. 
I have hit the "photo limit" otherwise I would have done it myself. 

lillehamer
Adept III

Can say, i have the exsakt same problem again, i have tryed to get this solved, but it wont wook for me, this is not a good driver i think, and i dont think i am alone, tryed whit older driver, it was better, buy stil the same LOW FPS in 3DMark Firestrike, not better than my 970 Nvidia, hummm this is bad.

sadan
Adept II

ok thats baad. i stuck with 21.2.1 and this works for me. dont upgrade now until i a newer version that (mby?) works. baad that amd dont cant handle this. ok, the nvidia driver even have problems. but i dont know anything so bad like this. and now 3 weeks ago its still the same. 

0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Adept II

I did a clean install this afternoon and when I installed the latest drivers and played BF3 my framerates were pitifull, not much better than my old gtx 1080.  I tried rolling back to the original driver but the amd installer wouldn't let me so I'm on 21.3.1 and my fps came back up near what it used to be but not quite all the way.  From now on I will only buy Nvidia cards....made damned sure that my new laptop had a 3000 series gpu in it.

0 Likes