cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

sadan
Adept II

Re: Help Whanted. MSI 6900XT 16G. LOW FPS.

i think we have a different problem. i dont have any cpu going high. but today it works perfectly. for my problem, it looks like i have to shut down the pc for a few hours. is was on the last 3 weeks. shut it down yesterday and today it works (nearly) fine. more fps in the most game. so rust runs now on 100fps. even not so great like the first few days with the graphic card. but not unplayable.

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

Maby, still the same low profoamce again, it goes up and down, some days good some bad, i dont know.

Kim Madsen.

0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Adept II

Have you checked your system's file integrity?

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

This:https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-driver-fix-and-install-using-ddu/m-p/426238
tells you do run Windows system checks  and you should always verify game files. 

Something running on one of your CPU cores in the background that you cannot identify using Task Manager/Resource Monitor  is a real concern.
Check what processes you have running at start up. 
Is it a virus or Malware?  
I have used Malwarebytes in the past: 
https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Your Windows installation may simply be so borked that there is nothing you can do to fix it. 
The way to check  is buy a new SSD or at least SSHD, download the latest Windows 10 image and install it from a USB onto the SSD/SSHD. You do not have to but a Windows License key to run that new Windows image. 

0 Likes
sadan
Adept II

my fix was to go back to 21.2.1 driver. now it all works like bevore. good performance in all games. 

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

Thanks i will try that, you say Adrailna 21.2.1 right????

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Yes Adrenalin 2020 21.2.1

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

Hummm after install Adralina 2020 21.2.1 older version, my computer perform also better again, so maby driver issue somwhere.  

lillehamer_0-1617372832703.png

0 Likes
sadan
Adept II

that looks good. it looks like for some people the driver is broken. know other people here the driver works fine.

Even as i say. i dont have cpu peaks. only the 6900xt works poor. but good to know that you even have now a working solution. 

have no time today. but tomorrow i will try the 21.2.3 driver. i think is also should work. only the new 21.3 looks to have problems for us.

The AMD Team is also informed. They have a great support. So hopefully in a few weeks we get a good working driver with the newest features for us. 

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Re: Help Wanted. MSI 6900XT 16G. LOW FPS.

You might want to read this: 
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/frame-rate-target-control-frtc-missing-in-adrenalin-20...

Might be related to what is happening somehow. 

FRTC was brought back into the main drivers for older GPUs since Adrenalin 2020 21.3.1. driver release. 
I would at least check the values of the three windows registry entires and see if they are getting screwed up somehow on the Adrenalin 2020  2020 21.3.1 and Adrenalin 2020 21.3.2 drivers. 

Note in my case I see the FRTC Slider and controls and everything is working for my AMD cards on Windows 10 64bit from R9390X -> RX5700XT. 

However there is no FRTC slider in the GUI / UI in Windows 7 OS. 

I can still set Windows registry entries to limit Frame Rates. 

Since there have been changes on those drivers and GUI/UI is not working properly between the GUI/UI and the Driver in my case, something similar might be happening on Radeon 7 (I have not tested that GPU series - "Vega2" there are some differenced to Vega) and RX6000 (RDNA2) series cards on Windows 10. 

If you simply update the driver and the windows registry entries are changed, you do not see those registry entries take effect untill your next PC Reboot.

Updating the driver and killing and restarting Adrenalin GUI/UI or logging out of windows and back in is not enough to see the changes.

You have to reboot your PC.  

This sounds familiar to what you report. 

You update driver, everything seems to be working fine, you reboot, your GPU runs badly.

Long shot perhaps?
But it may be possible. 

Thanks.

0 Likes