cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

flooberjobby
Adept II

Re: Help Whanted. MSI 6900XT 16G. LOW FPS.

Have you tried using the 21.2.1 drivers? I use those and get great FPS performance on my 6900 XT.

Also, the cause of your low FPS is GPU utilization. It doesn't get fully used and so you have a loss in FPS. I made a thread about this as well.

sadan
Adept II

yes. have testet both drivers. on both directx11 doesnt get more than 40-50fps. 

i konw that is not fully utilized. but dont know why. and why only in directx11.

0 Likes
flooberjobby
Adept II

So even on the 21.2.1 drivers, you get poor performance?

sadan
Adept II

yes. the 3d mark scores are nearly the same. them on the photo above was with 21.3.2 uninstall it with ddu and test 21.3.1 , same expirience. i wait for the amd support (made a ticket) when they cant help me, i will go back to my old card.

0 Likes
flooberjobby
Adept II

I'm still lost here. You keep saying the 21.3.1, and 21.3.2 I'm talking about the driver before that the 21.2.1

sadan
Adept II

oh sry. dont read it correct. Download it and can say more tomorrow. here it is 00:15 now. So dont wanna waste more time in this. 

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

Same problem, still no clue what is going on, have tryed all you said, after a while the same resoults, CPU 2 is going 100 %, and only CPU core 2.

lillehamer_0-1617298197447.png

0 Likes
xdevgamer
Adept I

Too bad you can't try another motherboard. I think it would be educational, say if you had an am3 or am4 platform lying around. If the issue vanished than you know the issue is in the EVGA firmware or MB. Just a suggestion.

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

Yess i maby have a old Asus Maximus motherboard to try out.

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

I can se there is a new BIOS Update to my motherboard, and somthing abaut AMD. I will try now.

0 Likes