cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

colesdav
MVP

Re: Help Wanted. MSI 6900XT 16G. LOW FPS.

1. Make sure you have used Task Manager to stop as many programs as possible at start up. 
2. Disable everything  in Adrenalin 2020 20.3.1 WHQL Settings -> General -: Preferences.
3. Make sure Windows 10 Automatic update is pased completetly. You can also disable Windows Update completely.
    Go to  Task manager -> services and properties to disable it.  

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

You should be able to use Resource Manager to identifiy exactly what processes are running on each CPU core. 
It should tell you what procees are running, provided your are running as administrator.

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

I Have tryed, but cant see what is runing on CPU 2, there is notthing shown abaut CPU 2, only on CPU 1 and 3, but still CPU 2 High usage.

lillehamer_0-1617175010563.png

colesdav
MVP

You can force applications to run on a certain logical processor (i.e. real core or thread)  in Windows using Task Manager to select a running process and then right click and use go to details. Then right click and Set Affinity to run on Core 3. You should be able to see what is running on Core3, if anything is. 

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Select RadeonSoftware.exe, set Affinity to CPU3. Open Resource Monitor. 
Open the Adrenalin 2020 20.3.1 GUI/UI. 
Select Gaming. 

Move your mouse and scrollbar and watch almost an entire CPU Core/Thread being used .
On R7 2700X 1 of 16 logical cores is maxed out,  just for that "fancy pants" GUI.
Complained about this before.  Reported it before. Release noted says it was fixed. Back again.

That might be it?

It is hard to find because if you exit the Adrenalin GUI, the process CPU use drops to nothing.

0 Likes
sadan
Adept II

Re: Help Whanted. MSI 6900XT 16G. LOW FPS.

Have the same problem. Directx11 works baad. Directx12 works great.

Here are my results (both with power settings to rampage)

DirectX12DirectX12DirectX11DirectX11

So Cyberpunk work normal with 70-80fps on ultra. Games like Rust or Escape from Tarkov work so F***** bad. only 30-40 fps in Rust even with Graphic Settings in de Middle. 

With the 21.3.1 and now on 21.3.2 ists all the same. Havent played a few days. So cant say since when this is. 

Have fresh setup Windows and the Same. 

Tarkov FPS:

Screenshot_8.png

And my Rust FPS:

Screenshot_9.png

Havent installed Cyberpunk now. So cant post FPS from there. But because it works on DirectX12. I dont think its a Problem with the Graphics Card. Musst be a Windows or AMD Driver Problem. 

When this is Ongoing. I will install my 1070. Was better in the Games i Play. A little bit bad...

colesdav
MVP

sadan
Adept II

think would not work an newer cards. lock the clock on newer amd cards can only made with the more power tool with overwrite the vbios. but this isnt what i wana do. wana have normal clock speed without tweaking the bios. now installed the latest windows updates. still the same. the most time in directx11 the card runs only on 40%. 

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Clockblocker justs runs an OpenCL workload to fool the GPU into thinking it need to run at higher clock all of the time. 
I think it might be worth a try on the RX6900XT .. 
But the addional OpenCL workload might not be enough. 

I do not know. 

I tested it in the past on Vega GPUs and it worked o.k. 

sadan
Adept II

test it. nothing changes. now will go ahead an test the all newest windows update and de newest 21.3.2 and the newest bios for my board. this is the only thing i dont have test right now