cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

colesdav
MVP

Re: Help Whanted. MSI 6900XT 16G. LOW FPS.

MSI Afterburner often causes conflicts with Adrenalin 2020 software. 
On MSI cards and other brands..
Recommendation is to remove all third party OC tools and get the GPU working with the latest Adrenalin 2020 driver first.

lillehamer
Adept III

I hvav done just like that.

Tags (1)
lillehamer
Adept III

And sad again, this wasent the fault, now i am back whit the bad performance on this AMD 6900XT Card, after some while, then again used DDU in safe mode, no internet connection and fresh install AMD driver 21.3.1 Adralina, and it is up and running again, whit great resuolts, but i know tomorrow we are back to nothing, i have looked in joblist performance and it look okay, all processes low 1-5 % usage, hummm any ideer what to do now, i have a Geforce 970 EVGA Wartercoolded card, never had any issuie whit that card, it is stable in all condition, and this is monted on the same setup, nothing changed anywhere.

Not happy at all, thing i have tryed the most i can try out, but like to know if anybody have any good ideer i have to try out, before i go back to Nvidia.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Have you set up windows to prevent driver downloads? You can do it as follows in Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
Open Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit at the console) 
Local Computer Policy ->Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Update.

Set

Do not include drivers in windows updates.

to Enabled. 

Just to make sure nothing crazy is happening on reboot. 

0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Adept II

MSI Afterburner was responsible for dropping my rx 6900 xt performance down to dismal levels.  Once I realized that it was the culprit I removed it and then reinstalled the latest AMD drivers which took care of my issue.

colesdav
MVP

Was it automatically loading a bad performance setting or running the fans at low speed profile at boot up?
Please report the issue to MSI Support as it might help other RX6900XT users. 
Thanks.

0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Adept II

My fan speeds and temps have always been fantastic on my XFX Speedster MERC 319 RX 6900 XT Black edition but when I installed the Afterburner beta, yes it was the beta, it completely wrecked card performance.  Once I uninstalled it and reinstalled the adrenaline drivers performance returned to normal.  I'm currently on the release version 4.6.3.16053 and it runs fine.

I was seeing 6 fps in Time Spy and barely 60fps in BF3, mind you I'm running 3440x1440 but still it had dropped to well below the performance of my 1080 and I was frustrated.  I still see some weird gpu clock drops when Time Spy starts out with lots of spikes but by the second test everything seems to stabilize.

lillehamer
Adept III

This is set to dont download driver, so set to off.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

OK so you have set Do not download drivers. 

I also assume you have completely uninstalled MSI Afterburner and any other 3rd party OC tool.

I hope your GPU works fine noe.

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

Yes i have set do not dowlload driver yes, and i have NOT instaled MSI Afterburner atall, and my MSI GPU perform like hell, like i said if i uninstall driver Adralina 21.3.1 then the systen is going like bad 30-40 FPS and go up to abaut 200 +, then down again to 30-40 keep going like this, if i then delite my Adralina 21.3.1 software, and indstall them again whit the same Adralina 21.3.1, then it woork for a while again, this is wired and stranges ?????

0 Likes