Help Whanted. MSI 6900XT 16G. LOW FPS.

My System is. MSI 6900XT Graficcard

Desktop. EVGA X299 Dark Bios Version. 1.23

Windows 10 64 bit system buils 19042 (20H2=

CPU.Intel Core 7960X 16 threds.

SSD.Samsung SSD Pro 970 1T Bite.

Power Supply. EVGA 1600 Wats

Memory GSkrill Trident 3200 32 Gb

Problem is LOW FSP after a day or 2, if i delete the Adralina 21.3.1 latest driver on my system, and instal the same one again, it will woork for some time(1 Day) or so, but after a while i have the same issuie LOW FSB, like 30-40 and up to 200, then again down to 30-40 and up again, i thing this is somthing what the driver to do, but what to do now????? Kim Madse. DK EU.

0 Likes
92 Replies

The new driver added a few fps after I went into the settings and set it to auto overclock the gpu so now it will peak at 2552mhz.

0 Likes

Yess it seem to help alot, let give it some time to see if it still works for longer time, i hope so.

0 Likes

Hi, now i have tryed the new driver 21.4.1, and it woork fine for a day again, now efter 24 houers this is wors than ever, this is keep going on, i can se there is manny here, there have the same problem like me, bad proformance LOW FPS, what will AMD do for us now, we have many has buy a grafickart for alot off monney, and we cant use this for so mutch, we need help here and now, i know AMD is woorking on it, but woork harder this is NOT Acceptpetal......

0 Likes

I really think that you have some underlying issues that are causing your problem.  Do you have another pc that you can try your card in?  How old is your windows build?  Did you uninstall the nvidia drivers before you installed the amd card?

0 Likes

Humm i have another pc, a littel older, i have used DDU befor i install the new driver yes ofcause i have, the windows buils is new, version 19042.928, Data 16 1-2021 Windows 10, so maby somwhere in board, i dont know, but what i know there is many here there have the same isuurie like i have, but will try to move the grafickart in another build, and se what is going on here.

0 Likes

Hi,
I know that Your problem started long before this, but still can be something to consider now, so it at least not making things worse.
Se my thread here about Microsoft Windows 10 latest update KB5001330 causes frame Rates to Plummet, screen flickering and BSODs.
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/latest-windows-10-update-kb5001330-causes-frame-rates-...

If that is the case: pause Windows update, uninstall KB5001330 and wait for Microsoft to come out with a new KBxxx to fix the problem (hopefully in a couple of weeks) and then activate Windows update again.
Instructions how to do this is also in the link above.

I had a recent problem with screen flickering and low fps once in a while - not constant and regardless of gpu driver ver.
So I uninstalled KB5001330 and problem gone.
Btw. my problem started after the latest Windows 10 update with KB5001330.

Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
CPU: Amd Ryzen 9 3950X
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6900 XT OC
AMD Adrenalin 21.4.1

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes

Yess and Thanks, i have seen the thred before, but i havent try it before now, and yess i have the KB5001330 update on my computer, but not anylonger, i hope this cam be somthing abaut it, the update is not runnung i the backgraund, i hope this will woork tomorrow again, this is like somthing goes wrong after some time, many times abaut a day or 2, this is getting stranges.

Kim Madsen.

0 Likes

And me again, i have tryed whit another CPU in my mainboard EVGA X299, nothing changed after this, so the same issuie again, after 1-2 days, then i uninstall the driver(The newest one) and indstal it again, after have used DDU, there go  1 -2 days and then bad proformance again, the next days i will try my old Nvidia card 970 EVGA wartercooled, and se how it performs, i think this is better, after 1-2 days, shame on AMD, there is NOTHING WRONG here whit my computer, i realy dont think so, i think i have tryed many things here, but nothing helps, the only thing is, uninstall and indstall again, and it run fine for a hwile.

0 Likes

Are  you putting your computer to sleep and resuming it?

0 Likes

No i am shutting the computer total down, no sleep.

0 Likes

After Looong Loong time i finaly send the card to Komplet.se, they have take a look on it, and it is BAD, what was wrong i dont know, but they will send my monny back soon, damm so many hauers i have tryed to find the bug, damm this is not good. My computer is okay again WHIT my old GPU 970 Evga. So i what to upgrade soon, i think to 3080/3090 Evga wartercooled, or somthing like this.

Kim Madsen.

0 Likes

Yes this is bad, they have to find the problems whit the driver on this card and other ofcause, not my problem, but it is now.

Kim Madsen.

0 Likes

You might want to read this: 
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/frame-rate-target-control-frtc-missing-in-adrenalin-20...

Might be related to what is happening somehow. 

FRTC was brought back into the main drivers for older GPUs since Adrenalin 2020 21.3.1. driver release. 
I would at least check the values of the three windows registry entires and see if they are getting screwed up somehow on the Adrenalin 2020  2020 21.3.1 and Adrenalin 2020 21.3.2 drivers. 

Note in my case I see the FRTC Slider and controls and everything is working for my AMD cards on Windows 10 64bit from R9390X -> RX5700XT. 

However there is no FRTC slider in the GUI / UI in Windows 7 OS. 

I can still set Windows registry entries to limit Frame Rates. 

Since there have been changes on those drivers and GUI/UI is not working properly between the GUI/UI and the Driver in my case, something similar might be happening on Radeon 7 (I have not tested that GPU series - "Vega2" there are some differenced to Vega) and RX6000 (RDNA2) series cards on Windows 10. 

If you simply update the driver and the windows registry entries are changed, you do not see those registry entries take effect untill your next PC Reboot.

Updating the driver and killing and restarting Adrenalin GUI/UI or logging out of windows and back in is not enough to see the changes.

You have to reboot your PC.  

This sounds familiar to what you report. 

You update driver, everything seems to be working fine, you reboot, your GPU runs badly.

Long shot perhaps?
But it may be possible. 

Thanks.

0 Likes